Junebaby18
Up or down
February 18, 2013 at 3:08 PM
When you wash your dishes and/or use your dishwasher, which way do you put the handles for your forks and knives?

I put them handles up so nobody grabs them or gets stabbed or poked by the sharp points. My dh does the opposite, handles down.
Which way do you put the handles?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 69% - Handles up
  2. 30% - Handles down

Replies

• madwifa
    by madwifa
    February 18, 2013 at 3:13 PM

yeah that is interesting how some ppl do it the other way. I am like you and don't want anyone to get stabbed while unloading the dishwasher. I wonder what it says in the dishwasher handbook lol 

• Junebaby18
    February 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    Quoting madwifa:

yeah that is interesting how some ppl do it the other way. I am like you and don't want anyone to get stabbed while unloading the dishwasher. I wonder what it says in the dishwasher handbook lol 

I've never read a dishwasher handbook. I've only lived in apts that already had a dishwasher installed. Maybe I should look one up online, just for something to do.
  • silverdawn99
    February 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM

up

• Megshere
    February 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM
    I'm the same, but my SO puts them sharp side up. freaks me out, so I change it. lol
  • Junebaby18
    February 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    Quoting Megshere:

I'm the same, but my SO puts them sharp side up. freaks me out, so I change it. lol

I did that too once, and he got pissed and said he knows how to wash dishes! I never got around him again when he washed dishes. I'm just extra careful when putting them away and make sure our dd isn't around when I pick them up out of the dishwasher.
  • joeynwillsmom
    February 18, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    Lol this.

Quoting Megshere:

• sarah824
    February 18, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I put handles down except the sharp knives, they go handle up.

• Marimaru
    February 18, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Knives are handle up, everything else is handle down.

• CjEmmemommy
    February 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I puT everything up expect knives.

• A_McCool
    February 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM

There is no method to the madness.  Some are up; some are down.  I just put them in there, however.