wonderwomanT08
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? *update*
February 18, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I just started pumping ( one side to increase milk) and nothing is coming out. HELP!

UPDATE: So today I mastered pumping and nursing at the same time and I got one ounce. So this brings on all kinds of questions like can I refrigerate the one ounce and add to it later with fresh milk? How long can I refrigerate for?

Replies

• wonderwomanT08
    February 18, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    Bump
  • SuperPickle
    February 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Some women just don't respond to pumping, try different angles if possible.

• marshsmom
    February 18, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Have you tried pumping manually? I used to have to get started using my hands, then a pump was more productive.

• LoveMyLos
    February 18, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    Have you had that baby yet? Lol
  • mrs.pina
    February 18, 2013 at 2:42 PM
    Massage your breast while trying to pump. I had to do that alot and no lie i started having milk and lots of it. My breast were hugh lol. Good luck
  • wonderwomanT08
    February 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    I can squeeze a little out manually. Do you mean to start that way and then put the pump on?

Quoting marshsmom:

Have you tried pumping manually? I used to have to get started using my hands, then a pump was more productive.

• wonderwomanT08
    February 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    Lol! Good thing I did three weeks ago or I would have DIED! He was almost 11 lbs

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Have you had that baby yet? Lol

• inspain
    by inspain
    February 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Don't panic.  When was the baby born and why are you pumping?  I barely got half an ounce out of both breasts by two weeks and next to nothing before that.  Never once got more than two ounces and the two ounces only once or twice.  Every drop was agonizing and took 20 minutes.  I don't pump now.  It's just too hard.  Check out kellymom.com for more pumping info.

• wonderwomanT08
    February 18, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    He was three weeks yesterday. My left breast is way smaller and doesn't have as much milk. Baby has to really work on that breast vs the other which comes out to fast most times.

Quoting inspain:

Don't panic.  When was the baby born and why are you pumping?  I barely got half an ounce out of both breasts by two weeks and next to nothing before that.  Never once got more than two ounces and the two ounces only once or twice.  Every drop was agonizing and took 20 minutes.  I don't pump now.  It's just too hard.  Check out kellymom.com for more pumping info.

• marshsmom
    February 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Yep, that's what I had to do when I pumped. Good luck, engorgment is so misreable :(

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

I can squeeze a little out manually. Do you mean to start that way and then put the pump on?

Quoting marshsmom: