The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
whatssleep
Where does your baby/toddler sleep?
February 11, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I used a pack and play for a crib for my son. He's slept in it for about 4/5 months before that he slept by me. Anyway he's 14 months old and 32 inches long. He's getting to tall for it. I thought about a crib that converts to a toddler bed but would they be about the same length? How many of you use a convertible crib. Do you like it? Or at 14 months should I just look into a toddler bed do you think?

Replies

• frndlyfn
    February 11, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I would go with a toddler bed or a twin bed at this point, not a crib.  Even though my dd was tall she was in a pack n play until age 2.  She fit fine since she curled up to sleep.

• inspain
    by inspain
    February 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM

DD2 is 15 weeks.  She sleeps on my chest or in the side-sleeper.  

DD1 did the same.  She hated the crib and so did we.  At 15 months, she decided she wanted to sleep on the big couch, in the living room, with the dog.  Fine, whatever.  We let her.  She slept like a log and would wake once to nurse and that was it.  She did that until she was about three and then migrated to her own bed, in her room.  She slept in her room and our room, in our bed or on our small sofa, on and off, until about age 8, when she went to her room and never came back.  

We do whatever is easier and works for everyone.  ;-)

• ditsyjo
    by ditsyjo
    February 11, 2013 at 10:15 PM
    toddler bed...but if he likes his door open you will need a gate.
  • mommysangelface
    February 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM

my 14th month old is in a toddler bed.  he has been in it for about a month now.  it is right next to our bed

• bowribbonmama
    February 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM
    All my kids sleep in a crib/bed. When they were infants we bedshared.
  • Mrsfarr
    by Mrsfarr
    February 11, 2013 at 10:22 PM
    I'm supposed to be putting her in her crib but I feel like it's SOO far away from me, I end up taking her to bed with me in the middle of the night.
    I'm going to have a hard time getting myself to stop doing that as she gets older.
  • whatssleep
    February 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM
    Lol I'm the same way! Transitioning him to his own room in the pack and the play was way harder on me than him! I'm still fighting the urge to go get him most nights :)

Quoting Mrsfarr:

I'm supposed to be putting her in her crib but I feel like it's SOO far away from me, I end up taking her to bed with me in the middle of the night.

I'm going to have a hard time getting myself to stop doing that as she gets older.
  • whatssleep
    February 11, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    Sometimes I do lol

Quoting whatssleep:

Lol I'm the same way! Transitioning him to his own room in the pack and the play was way harder on me than him! I'm still fighting the urge to go get him most nights :)

Quoting Mrsfarr:

• Mrsfarr
    by Mrsfarr
    February 11, 2013 at 10:31 PM
    She doesn't even have her own room yet. Her crib is at the foot of my bed but I think my problem is that I can't see her if she's in it.
    SIDS scares the sh*t out of me and I want to constantly check that she's still breathing. :/

Quoting whatssleep:

Sometimes I do lol

Quoting whatssleep:

Quoting Mrsfarr:

• angevil53
    February 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM
    My dd won't bed share. Not since she was 10mo and we put her in her crib for the first time. My aunt learned the hard way too. She was up all night with her bc she insisted on sleeping with both the grand kids. She's getting a toddler bed in a few weeks though. Waiting on it to be built.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts