kayla4507
HELP! piog
February 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I am looking for advice on how to help my son with his colors. 

He is 5, almost 6, in Kindergarten. To my knowledge, no one else in my family or his fathers is colorblind.

He has had problems with his colors for as long as I can remember. Before preschool I had him screened for colorblindness. He passed. In preschool, his teacher was convinced he was colorblind. I had him screened again before Kindergarten, he passed. His teacher now is convinced he is partially color blind. He does great in everything else, overall a very smart child, except when it comes to colors.

Yellow is white, white is yellow, orange is yellow, yellow is orange, darker blues are black, green is sometimes blue or purple, he never gets other colors, such as purple, pink, gret ect right. He does typically get regular blues and reds right.

I work with him a lot on them. We have since before preschool. We do flashcards, play candyland, point at stuff around the house, he has handheld games that deal with colors and some other stuff. Hell get them right when were at home working on them most the time, but other than than, he gets them wrong most the time. Ive been wondering if, at home, he doesnt get them wrong because he has memorized most of the questions and objects. Im not sure what else I can do to help him. 

Have any other mothers had this problem? Does anyone have any advice on what else I could do to help him? 

Replies

• mom_dl6
    by mom_dl6
    February 11, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Sounds like to me his Teacher nailed it,Take him to an eye Doc and get him Checked  to be sure !

• bamababe1975
    February 12, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I'm not sure if they can diagnosis colorblindness at that age or not but it's worth taking him to a doctor to find out. :)