The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
havensmommy820
tell me your birth story!
February 8, 2013 at 1:31 AM

im 38 weeks pregnant and feeling like im going to go into labor at any time. i want to know your birth story! i want to know the signs u had leading up to labor and how everything went from there!

Replies

• goodmama85
    February 8, 2013 at 1:37 AM
    Well I had to have cervidil to get me started lol.i was supposed to get pitocin on May 26 I went in May 25, so once I got the cervidil I started contracting on my own and when they broke my water labor really started taking off!! So I got an epi at 11:40 closer to 12 midnight and once comfortable they checked me i was 5 cm and 50% effaced so after the nurse left i felt her crowning so got the nurse and they she checked me again I was fully dialated and pushed 1 time she was out lol.so i went from 5 cm dialated and 50% effaced to fully dialated and delivery in 3 mins!!
  • havensmommy820
    February 8, 2013 at 1:40 AM

thanks for sharing!

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    February 8, 2013 at 1:43 AM
    I woke up and it hurt. My stomach felt like a giant hand was squeezing and twisting my insides while my stomach and back muscles were set on fire and stabbed with knives. Then we left for the hospital. My water exploded and bam. Kid born in the car.

Moral of the story, have a homebirth or don't wait until the contractions are 2 minutes apart. :)
  • havensmommy820
    February 8, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Quoting ColieO:

I woke up and it hurt. My stomach felt like a giant hand was squeezing and twisting my insides while my stomach and back muscles were set on fire and stabbed with knives. Then we left for the hospital. My water exploded and bam. Kid born in the car.

Moral of the story, have a homebirth or don't wait until the contractions are 2 minutes apart. :)

your baby was really born in the car? wow thats crazy! i like my hospital but i now live an hour and a half away from it so it makes me super nervous lol. this is my 3rd baby to so i hope i make it there on time! lol

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    February 8, 2013 at 1:50 AM
    Yup. Front seat, 70mph. Our hospital is only 20 minutes away.

Quoting havensmommy820:

Quoting ColieO:

your baby was really born in the car? wow thats crazy! i like my hospital but i now live an hour and a half away from it so it makes me super nervous lol. this is my 3rd baby to so i hope i make it there on time! lol

• humblemommy
    February 8, 2013 at 1:50 AM

I woke up at 4:30 am and was bleeding a little. called L&D. went in and was 4 cm dialated and 100% effaced (i had been 3cm and 100% for 2 weeks already!! lol) I got pitocin at 8:30...water broken at 11:45... got some fentanyl to take the edge off...:) i was in la la laaaandddd... then, EPIDURAL!!! lol complained and complained about pressure.. then push time! for 2 hours! my nurse was a traveling nurse from out of state and didn't inform my dr that i was pushing and when my doctor found out she was pissed...so my dr came in ASAP.I looked at her and said I cant do this  and she looked at me and said "WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS!"  (she was my dr through my whole pregnancy so we had an awesome bond) my daughter was stressed in my birth canal from pushing and coming in and out and her heart rate was dropping so she used the vacuum. and out she came :)

Kennedy Taylor  was born on Christmas Day! 12-25-2009 the best Christmas gift a Mommy could ever get!

Good luck!

• RiotPixie
    February 8, 2013 at 2:02 AM
    When I had my son, I was almost 2 weeks past due date. I woke up at 7 am and my water broke. Went to the hospital. Hours went by. Nothing. They put me on Cervadil. Each round lasts 12 hours and you are supposed to lay down the whole time. I did 3 rounds. Finally, I was effaced enough so they put me on Pitocin. I got to 9 cm and the doctor tools me that if I didn't get an epidural, I would have to have a C-Section because I needed to relax. Got the epidural. Pushed for over an hour. Finally pushed out my 7 lb 10 oz son. 63 1/2 hours from start to finish. And a dozen stitches.

My oldest daughter, 1 round of Cervadil, Pitocin. 26 hour labor. No pain meds. Pushed for 2 seconds, literally. 6 lbs 12 oz.

Youngest daughter, actually went into labor. No pain meds. 4 hour labor. 2 minutes of pushing. 7 lbs 2 oz.
  • Torrie.Boyer91
    February 8, 2013 at 2:36 AM

So I worked all day from 8am-9pm. I had worked all the way up til the day of birth. I wasn't due for another three weeks and I wasn't very big either. I had gotten home and I was horny so was my man. We had sex. Everything was fine. We love to play games so we sat down and started to play this game called Leage of Legends, then I started feeling all swore and kinda like i was having cramps, first baby so I wasn't sure what I was feeling. I kept having to use the bathroom, but nothing would come out. I kinda had a little bit of blood and I started to freak. I called my sister, who's friend had recently given birth and she was there, they said I was just having false labor pains. By 3am I was rushed to the hospital. I was told by the nurse, oh your only 3cm dialated, lots of time while I'm complaining about swore and contractions. My doctor comes in two seconds later and says I'm 6cm dialated. at 8:38am I had a baby boy. I was tired that I passed out after he was out of me. I was woken up to hold him because he wouldn't get warm and they said I needed to hold him, so I did. But they took him away seconds later because I was lossing too much blood. I almost needed a blood transfusion to keep me alive. But they fixed me. I was torn when giving birth. Liam was coming out at an angle... But everyone was fine and healthy. Liam was 5lb 4oz and 18 1/2in long. :D

• Kmary
    by Kmary
    February 8, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Oh this is my fear for this baby coming in June.  I've had 2 very fast labors.  Last one was an hour and a half from waking up in my bed at home with a little pain to delvering him.  Nervous this little one will come on the way to the hospital, but not sure I'm bold enough for full fledged home birth.  We only live about 15 minutes away from the hospital, though, so fingers crossed.

Quoting ColieO:

• Lindsey1112
    February 8, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    I had 2 c-sections so nothing to exciting here :)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN