funbags
Social Security Number Question
by funbags
February 6, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Unfortunately I have misplaced both of my daughter's SS cards (seperate times). I am in the process of ordering them new cards but I am wondering if the SS office will release their SSN's to me over the phone after proper verification?

Thank you for your help!

Replies

• Homeschoolmom99

No they won't are your kids in school? The dr may have it or last years taxes

• Kitschy
    by Kitschy

I don't think so. Is this for taxes? Can you look on last year's taxes?

• BabyGsMommy11
    February 6, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I can't answer this question, but I can tell you to keep the next copies in a safe spot. One person can only be given 10 cards over their whole life.

• funbags
    by funbags
    February 6, 2013 at 6:00 PM

bump

• funbags
    by funbags
    February 6, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I have exhausted all other options. Are you sure or just an educated guess?

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

No they won't are your kids in school? The dr may have it or last years taxes

• FooLynRoo
    February 6, 2013 at 6:05 PM
    Nope. Probably a long shot since u already lost two cards. But what about last years tax returns?
  • funbags
    by funbags
    February 6, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Thank you. I have humbly learned my lesson!

Quoting BabyGsMommy11:

I can't answer this question, but I can tell you to keep the next copies in a safe spot. One person can only be given 10 cards over their whole life.

• FooLynRoo
    February 6, 2013 at 6:06 PM
    Did u have a fire or something??
  • usmcwife.mommy2
    You need to go into the office to get it. They will ask for few fourm. That's what I had to do when I lost dds ssn card while moving
  • funbags
    by funbags

Only one has been claimed previously on taxes so that is a possibility. Are you positive or is that your educated guess?

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Nope. Probably a long shot since u already lost two cards. But what about last years tax returns?