The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Risley_Six
Thank you, McDonald's, for endangering my child's life with your carelessness!!!!!!
February 6, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I went to get some breakfast this morning, and got the boys all set up in their chairs ready to eat. I went to step out of the room for a brief moment and as i was leaving i heard Benjamin, my 16 month old, start gagging. I looked up and his face was red, and he was choking, so I rushed to his side, and had to shove my fingers down his throat and make him vomit. Up comes half chewed, slobbery McMuffin, and A FUCKING CHUNK OF PLASTIC!!!!!!!! My one year old has respiratory issues and gets choked up very easily, i cant stand to think of what could have happened if i hadnt caught it in time!!! I am LIVID, and literally STILL shaking an hour later. I called the cooperate office via the advice of my brother inlaw (a police officer) and they are supposed to forward the information to the franchisers office, and have someone contact me. I also called my lawyers office and spoke with her paralegal about the incident. I am not one to raise a big stink over things, but People need to know about this carelessness. I work food service and i know first hand the ONLY excuse for something like this is not caring enough to pay attention!!! It does not take long to LOOK at what you are doing or make sure you got the wrapper off of something when you KNOW it is going in to the hands of the public. My child could have been seriously injured or worse because of this!!!!!!!!

Replies

  • loisl25
    by loisl25
    February 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM

    Wow! I'm so sorry! I've gotten e-coli poisioning TWICE from MacDonald's because of how they let those burgers sit for hours under the heat lamps. My brother has also gotten e-coli poisioning from there. I didn't eat there again for YEARS after the first time, but one day I was working at the hair salon inside Wal Mart, and the only restaraunt i could go to in my short break was the MacDonald's in the Wal Mart, and so I risked it and ate there, and whaddaya know, got food poisioning AGAIN! I'm not a big fan of them.

  • britadams10
    February 6, 2013 at 11:56 AM

    you should sue!!! that is beyond terrifying!

  • Risley_Six
    February 6, 2013 at 11:58 AM

     I called my lawyers office, and she is in court today but her paralegal is going to have her call me back about my options. I could barely even keep my composure to explain what happened, it really was scary!!!

    Quoting britadams10:

    you should sue!!! that is beyond terrifying!


     

  • Schauseil
    February 6, 2013 at 12:02 PM
    Thats aweful. NEVER force someone to vomit while choking or do a blind sweep, you could have made the situation worse.
  • britadams10
    February 6, 2013 at 12:05 PM

    well i hope you bleed them dry because that is just a blatant disrespect for anyone that eats there. i personally hate mcdonalds for  fact that no matter what area i am in, they are all idiots!

  • Risley_Six
    February 6, 2013 at 12:07 PM

     

    I panicked and did the best i could in an emergency situation. i have no regrets, as NOT making him throw it up could have seriously harmed him. He was choking and i did what my instincts told me to do.


    Quoting Schauseil:

    Thats aweful. NEVER force someone to vomit while choking or do a blind sweep, you could have made the situation worse.


     

  • amanda357
    February 6, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    Where was the plastic? In the mcmuffin?
  • mom_3.0
    by mom_3.0
    February 6, 2013 at 12:10 PM
    If he was choking, the piece would be lodged in his trachea. When you vomit, your stomach contents come up through your esophagus. Not seeing how making him vomit would release the piece. In fact, I can only see it making things worse.
  • EsmeVincent
    February 6, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    this exactly...thankgoodness you were there

    Quoting britadams10:

    you should sue!!! that is beyond terrifying!

  • Risley_Six
    February 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM

     he was gagging, i shoved my fingers in his mouth and made him puke, and mcmuffin and plastic came out. maybe i shouldnt have gagged him but i acted before i thought. i cant believe people are actually criticizing me as if , as a mother, you have never acted on instinct. he had not fully swallowed his food, it was still lodged in his throat, so it all came up when he gagged hard. Then the contents of his stomach followed suit and we had a nice, milky, mcmuffiny mess all over the highchair, if you must know the details.


    Quoting mom_3.0:

    If he was choking, the piece would be lodged in his trachea. When you vomit, your stomach contents come up through your esophagus. Not seeing how making him vomit would release the piece. In fact, I can only see it making things worse.


     

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN