The CafeMom Newcomers Club

MamaJones12
Hello from Germany
February 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Hello,

My name is Carla and I am new to Cafemom.  I am a proud mother of a beauitful 4 month old baby girl.  She is the light of my life and I cherish the time we spend together.  We are U.S. citizens, but our family currently resides in southern Germany where my husband is finishing his postdoctoral fellowship.  Living in Europe and having a baby here has been an amazing adventure but I have realized lately that because I don't speak German very well - I am really missing interacting with other women.  So I decided to get involved in Cafemom so that I can make some mom friends who can offer advice and support as I continue this journey in motherhood.  

Just to give you some background about myself.  I was a scientists for years prior to moving to Germany focusing mainly on oceanography and drug discovery.  Once here,  we decided to use this time for me to stay home and start a family.  I still do some online teaching but I love being at home with my daughter and watching how she grows everyday.  Even when we move back to the U.S. (hopefully soon), I want to try to find a job that is either part-time or a job that will allow me to work entirely from home.  

I love the outdoors, reading, traveling and most of all being on or near the water.  

I look forward to some great discussions in the future.

Carla

Replies

• LancesMom
    February 6, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Hi! Welcome to CafeMom! Thats awesome you are able to be in Germany with your hubby!

Hope you love CafeMom as much as I do!

• mom_dl6
    by mom_dl6
    February 6, 2013 at 11:29 AM

welcome to cafemom Carla so glad you're here enjoy !

• friendlymom5
    February 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    Hi Carla! welcome to cafemom. It's a great place to be. :)
  • blueeyes2000
    February 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    Hello and welcome. I am a stay at home mom of a three year old boy.
  • Mystres
    by Mystres
    February 6, 2013 at 12:06 PM

HI!!!!

One of my sisters friends, who use to live in the USA for a few years moved back to Germany.  I loved her accent!!

• Texascandee
    February 6, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Hi Carla, nice to meet you..............where in Germany are you?  I was an army brat and born in Landstuhl...............

• tifferie
    February 6, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    Hallo wie gehts?
  • Caitlin10081989
    February 6, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Welcome Carla to cafemom. 

• 3boysmommaNY
    February 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Hallo!!
    We have an exchange student from Bavaria, and I have a friend out in Hamburg. I hope to someday go there!!
    Welcome to Cafemom!!

• MamaJones12
    February 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM

We currently live in Tuebingen - it is a small University town just south of Stuttgart.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts