The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Britty1987
Suicide rememberance
February 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Hi!  I'm needing a little help.  My boyfriend is ex-Amish, his parents are Amish, and he has 15 siblings, some of which are still Amish and some of which have left.  In March it will be a year since his ex-Amish brother, Jake, killed himself.  I'm really wanting to do something for them, but we don't have many pictures of him because he was Amish most of his life. His birthday would've been a couple weeks ago, so I got my boyfriend a card to let him know I was thinking about him on that day.  I didn't mention it being Jake's birthday, but he knew what it was referring to.  I'm not very creative, so I need help finding something for the to remember him by. If you're creative, I'd appreciate your help =]  I'm not quite sure what happened to his ashes because I hadn't come into the picture at that time... Thanks ahead for your help!

Replies

• JulyBabies
    February 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I would light a candle in his honor. However, I am the type of person that prefers things more low key and like to grieve privately.

• Britty1987
    February 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM

BUMP!

• Britty1987
    February 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Hey, thanks for the reply!  His family is pretty open and very close, even though some of the kids have left the Amish.  The candle is a good idea, thanks =]  I'd like to do something else too though, I'm just not sure what

Quoting JulyBabies:

I would light a candle in his honor. However, I am the type of person tha prefers things more low key and like to grieve privately.

• Britty1987
    February 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM

BUMP!

• Indianamomto4
    February 4, 2013 at 5:19 PM

When we lost our last baby our family planted a tree in rememberance of that baby. It was nice to see that tree living and thriving and gave me a sense of peace.

• DragonMother10
    February 4, 2013 at 5:29 PM
    Mexicans like to make a shrine of a lost loved one. They do it on Dia de los Muertos, but it works any time of year. People like to make shrines/memorials for remembrance. The tree idea is great too.
  • mymanben
    February 4, 2013 at 5:32 PM
    One of my close friends commited suicide in 2001. I named my son after him and also started a team for the suicide awareness walk every year
  • Britty1987
    February 5, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Thanks everyone =]

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN