The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
February 4, 2013 at 3:32 PM
My bfs dad just came in and we were talking about taxes and he said he's gonna look into trying to claim us for 1/2 the yr because we lived with him. I don't know if that's possible but if it is its not happening. We bought all our own stuff and we but all the groceries fr everyone in the house. I'm not giving up the money that I get back because he spends his money on shit

Sorry that just irked me


  • Mommy4-27-08
    February 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM
    Pretty sure it isn't and he would need your social security numbers.
  • coolmommy2x
    February 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM
    Until CM, I never heard of people claiming other adults on their taxes.
  • brwneyebeauty13
    February 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    And to top it all off I asked if he wanted us to help him with bills an he said no I just wish I could claim u guys
  • mom_dl6
    by mom_dl6
    February 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM

    Well that's a first for me,Never heard that......Until now anyhoo.

  • storkradio193
    February 4, 2013 at 5:01 PM

    Adults can be claimed, but I doubt the requirements will be met (it is usually only for the elderly or disabled).  To be a dependent over 18, you cannot make more than a certain amount of money I think it's $3800.  Either way, it will take a chunch of change from you, so I would not let him.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts