supermom0609
whats essential for a baby as far as gear?
February 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM
So im expecting a new baby soon and im trying to get everything i need. i already have a crib and ive picked out a 4 drawer chest i.want. im not trying to spend boocoodles.of money but im not trying to be a cheapskate either. do i NEED a changing table,pack and play,swing,bouncer,bassinet ect? i found a graco whitney travel system i like on sale or i found a used one for 75.just need insight.
Forgot to.add have a breastfeeding pillow already and im buying.a bumbo

Replies

• supermom0609
    February 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    bump
  • supermom0609
    February 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    Bump
  • piwife
    by piwife
    February 3, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    A good baby carrier( like an ergo, moby, mei tai, ktan, bobba) not a crappy jeep or baby bjor. a swing and bouncy seat. If. You plan on nursing 2 -3 nursing tops. 2-3 nursing bras. Are you a working mom?
  • Meghan6391
    February 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    I always get a changing table and then realize i never use it. The swings are great to have to be honest and you can always find them on sale. My needs have always been, a bed, sheets and blankets, bottles and binkies, a baby tub and bath things, a swing and a pack and play. Those are just my needs along with diapers and clothes.
  • supermom0609
    February 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    No i stay home

Quoting piwife:

A good baby carrier( like an ergo, moby, mei tai, ktan, bobba) not a crappy jeep or baby bjor. a swing and bouncy seat. If. You plan on nursing 2 -3 nursing tops. 2-3 nursing bras. Are you a working mom?

• piwife
    by piwife
    February 3, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    Then get a manual pump and a pack of storage bags just in case. Also carseat lol.

Quoting supermom0609:

No i stay home

Quoting piwife:

• supermom0609
    February 3, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    I want a swing but i want it to.plug in. d batteries are too dang expensive

Quoting Meghan6391:

I always get a changing table and then realize i never use it. The swings are great to have to be honest and you can always find them on sale. My needs have always been, a bed, sheets and blankets, bottles and binkies, a baby tub and bath things, a swing and a pack and play. Those are just my needs along with diapers and clothes.

• supermom0609
    February 3, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    My sister in law has a medela swing she never did use for 100.00

Quoting piwife:

Then get a manual pump and a pack of storage bags just in case. Also carseat lol.

Quoting supermom0609:

No i stay home

Quoting piwife:

• Meghan6391
    February 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    I got mine at babiesrus it was 117 i wouldn't have bought it bc i can't afford to spend that on things but my mother bought it for me. Look on craigslist or at thrift stores

Quoting supermom0609:

I want a swing but i want it to.plug in. d batteries are too dang expensive

Quoting Meghan6391:

• MrS.GiFFord
    February 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM

a swing and a bouncy seat(vibrating chair). I would put my boys in the bouncy seat while I showered. That way they were occupied and safe while I was able to get clean lol. The swing was a lifesaver with my first but my second never took to one so its best to find one used on craigslist or bookoo. I actually bought a swing off of bookoo for 60 dollars...it was really nice and clean. It plugs in too!