The CafeMom Newcomers Club

supermom0609
whats essential for a baby as far as gear?
February 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM
So im expecting a new baby soon and im trying to get everything i need. i already have a crib and ive picked out a 4 drawer chest i.want. im not trying to spend boocoodles.of money but im not trying to be a cheapskate either. do i NEED a changing table,pack and play,swing,bouncer,bassinet ect? i found a graco whitney travel system i like on sale or i found a used one for 75.just need insight.
Forgot to.add have a breastfeeding pillow already and im buying.a bumbo

Replies

• supermom0609
    February 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    bump
  • supermom0609
    February 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    Bump
  • piwife
    by piwife
    February 3, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    A good baby carrier( like an ergo, moby, mei tai, ktan, bobba) not a crappy jeep or baby bjor. a swing and bouncy seat. If. You plan on nursing 2 -3 nursing tops. 2-3 nursing bras. Are you a working mom?
  • Meghan6391
    February 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    I always get a changing table and then realize i never use it. The swings are great to have to be honest and you can always find them on sale. My needs have always been, a bed, sheets and blankets, bottles and binkies, a baby tub and bath things, a swing and a pack and play. Those are just my needs along with diapers and clothes.
  • supermom0609
    February 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    No i stay home

Quoting piwife:

A good baby carrier( like an ergo, moby, mei tai, ktan, bobba) not a crappy jeep or baby bjor. a swing and bouncy seat. If. You plan on nursing 2 -3 nursing tops. 2-3 nursing bras. Are you a working mom?

• piwife
    by piwife
    February 3, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    Then get a manual pump and a pack of storage bags just in case. Also carseat lol.

Quoting supermom0609:

No i stay home

Quoting piwife:

• supermom0609
    February 3, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    I want a swing but i want it to.plug in. d batteries are too dang expensive

Quoting Meghan6391:

I always get a changing table and then realize i never use it. The swings are great to have to be honest and you can always find them on sale. My needs have always been, a bed, sheets and blankets, bottles and binkies, a baby tub and bath things, a swing and a pack and play. Those are just my needs along with diapers and clothes.

• supermom0609
    February 3, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    My sister in law has a medela swing she never did use for 100.00

Quoting piwife:

Then get a manual pump and a pack of storage bags just in case. Also carseat lol.

Quoting supermom0609:

No i stay home

Quoting piwife:

• Meghan6391
    February 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    I got mine at babiesrus it was 117 i wouldn't have bought it bc i can't afford to spend that on things but my mother bought it for me. Look on craigslist or at thrift stores

Quoting supermom0609:

I want a swing but i want it to.plug in. d batteries are too dang expensive

Quoting Meghan6391:

• MrS.GiFFord
    February 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM

a swing and a bouncy seat(vibrating chair). I would put my boys in the bouncy seat while I showered. That way they were occupied and safe while I was able to get clean lol. The swing was a lifesaver with my first but my second never took to one so its best to find one used on craigslist or bookoo. I actually bought a swing off of bookoo for 60 dollars...it was really nice and clean. It plugs in too!

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN