The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Danielitosmom
Should i buy a small tablet for my 2 and half year old boy *updated*
February 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM

My son is 2 years and a half old and he is always playing with my cell phone games and now my phone charge is always drained and I'm debating with my husband if i should buy a small tablet for him so he can play his games, would you do it?

updated

I have been reading all your comments and i have been doing research and I'm pretty sure that the tablet that I'm going to buy is the inno tab 2 for my ds because is a tablet that is builtvery well for kids so im sure that my dsis not going to break it and it has a lot of games that he can play and learn while he plays, and i decided on that because i think that he can used it more than one that is not design for kids, and i don't have to worry about him breaking it, and even though that fits my son better my best friend got her son and ipad and he is the same age as mine and he uses it and has a lot of fun with it so i respect the people that do decided to get the ipad or other more expensive tablets because the kids will grow and will eventually need something better. And for the people that were asking my son plays outside and he is in a perfect weight  my husband is in the navy so we all have and active live and he has lots of toys including legos, trucks and many other toys and the tablet is something that he would use with moderation.

Would you buy a tablet for 2 and half year old toddler?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 35% - Yes
  2. 64% - No

Replies

• nikki4eva88
    February 4, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    I saw that you decided to get him a tablet. Before you buy the innoTab check out the Nabi. It can grow with him. :)
  • Danielitosmom
    February 4, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    I will look it up

Quoting nikki4eva88:

I saw that you decided to get him a tablet. Before you buy the innoTab check out the Nabi. It can grow with him. :)

• nikki4eva88
    February 4, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    Check out the Nabi2 tablet. You can even go in Best Buy and test it out. :)

Quoting merkitaminasi:

my son is 2 1/2 yrs old and he loves to watch sesame street and youtube videos of airplanes and helicopters on his grandmas tablet so i'm getting him his own...but he has to b supervised... i was going to get him the innotab 2 but it only plays vtech games and he cant access much variety... havent decided which tablet he's getting but it wont b over $200

• rjsmommy214
    February 4, 2013 at 9:51 AM

we bought a leappad 2 for DS for Xmas. He loves it. I needed something for him because he was wanting to play with my kindle fire all the time. This has been great and he's learning alot!

• RevivingOphelia
    February 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    We bought him an Innotab and he decided to see what would happen when you take a sippy cup to the screen. It cracked the screen after one hit.
  • Danielitosmom
    February 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    Thank you for the information, I will buy the protection plan for the inno tab, that way if It breaks we can get another one.

Quoting RevivingOphelia:

We bought him an Innotab and he decided to see what would happen when you take a sippy cup to the screen. It cracked the screen after one hit.

• AprilDJC
    February 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM
    My boys have had access to electrpnics since they were 3. They started with leap pad, got gameboys, then got other game systems, ipods, and now smart phones. They used them on long car trips, apppintments I had to bring them with me, etc. They are now 14 & 15, HIGHLY advanced in school (my 8th grader is taking 10th grade classes, my 10th grafer is taking college level classes), both have the desire to become computer engineers. Oldest wants to go to Embry Riddle, other ds wants to go to.MIT. Both are active in sports and have been since 5 years old. Both have excellent social skills, both enjoy family activities, and both love to read. There is NOTHING wrong with giving your child ekectronics at any age if you can balance its usage with the rest of their activities.
  • AJnEsMama
    February 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM

My dd 3 loves her leappad 2. I think it is one of the best things we could have bought. She does learn from it and we can track it. We spend time with her and she does other activities but I am not a teacher. I try as a parent and psych student to teach her. But since I do not have a PhD I do not see the harm in outside extra help that is engaging and fun. My ds 14 months tries to play it too. Either he will inherit hers or we will buy another at 2 or 3. It is indestuctible so far. My ss 8 got a leapster around 5 or so but he didn't like it becasue he wanted a ds. He was too old to be tricked with it. I think if you start them younger they will like learning games and not just regular games. 

• AJnEsMama
    February 4, 2013 at 2:48 PM

We love it too. She still tries to get my kindle and phone sometimes but she loves her leappad 2. I see the learning too. It teaches them faster and helps her with coordination and memory etc. The only thing is she always picks level three on the crayola game and even I can't not touch the sides lol.

Quoting rjsmommy214:

we bought a leappad 2 for DS for Xmas. He loves it. I needed something for him because he was wanting to play with my kindle fire all the time. This has been great and he's learning alot!

• rjsmommy214
    February 4, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Hahaha! Yup! DS does the same thing. Then I hear "Help Mommy!".

Quoting AJnEsMama:

We love it too. She still tries to get my kindle and phone sometimes but she loves her leappad 2. I see the learning too. It teaches them faster and helps her with coordination and memory etc. The only thing is she always picks level three on the crayola game and even I can't not touch the sides lol.

Quoting rjsmommy214:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN