The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
C8linVilla
Computer help trying to find something. can anyone help?
February 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM

ok i have a webcam built into my computer and trying to figure out how to turn it on. i did a search on the computer for webcam and that didnt work. any ideas on where to go to access the webcam? i see nothing on the desktop for it like my old one. 

Replies

• jenaree
    by jenaree
    February 2, 2013 at 1:13 PM

the software for it should be in your program menu - click start in the bottom left corner and go to all programs

what operating system do you have?

• The_Doodle
    February 2, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Have you checked the 'My Computer' folder? Or maybe go into Program Files?

• C8linVilla
    February 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM

im very computer illiterate lol what do you mean by Operating system? 

• smtxcowgirl
    February 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM
    Is it a Windows or a Mac?

Quoting C8linVilla:

• jenaree
    by jenaree
    February 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM

How old is your laptop and is it an Apple?

• C8linVilla
    February 2, 2013 at 1:40 PM

its a windows vista and its a 2010 i believe

Quoting smtxcowgirl:

Quoting C8linVilla:

• smtxcowgirl
    February 2, 2013 at 4:53 PM
    Ok cool. Go to the Start menu at the bottom left, click on "All Programs". If you don't see it in there, go to the "Accessories" folder in the All Programs.

It should say something like "Dell Webcam Central" or whatever your computer manufacturer's name is.

Quoting C8linVilla:

its a windows vista and its a 2010 i believe

Quoting smtxcowgirl:

Quoting C8linVilla:

• Sassy762
    February 2, 2013 at 5:03 PM

How Do I Turn on a Webcam With Windows Vista?

How Do I Turn on a Webcam With Windows Vista? thumbnail
    Webcam access can make long distance communication easier.

A Web camera (often abbreviated "webcam") attached to your computer or inside the computer monitor can help you communicate more effectively with friends, family and colleagues. Instead of having to communicate through text typed into a screen or by voice alone, the webcam lets you see the expressions the other person is making. This is perfect for long distance relationships, kids away at school, servicemen stationed away from home and more. Windows Vista computers support webcam access by default; turning on the webcam is just a matter of opening a program to use it.

Instructions

Verify that you have a built in webcam or that your external webcam is connected properly to your computer. Refer to your computer or webcam user manuals if necessary.

Download and install the instant messenger of your choice, such as Skype, Microsoft Windows Live Messenger or Google Talk. (See Resources for links.)

Open the instant messenger client. Sign in or create a logon ID according to client instructions. Open the webcam application on the instant messenger client and click "OK."

Tips & Warnings

• If you have trouble getting your webcam to work, there may be a problem with the device drivers, small bits of code that help your computer equipment work together. Go to the manufacturer's website to download the latest device driver for your webcam.

• There are several types of instant messenger clients available, as well as hundreds of computer and laptop models currently on the market. These directions are meant to be a general guideline to turning on and using the webcam on your computer. If you have any trouble with them, refer to the user manuals tailored specifically to your equipment.

Read more: How Do I Turn on a Webcam With Windows Vista? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6085086_do-turn-webcam-windows-vista_.html#ixzz2JmXMjy61

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN