The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
dewh2007
pre labor with cats
February 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Ok so my sil cat is pregnant and well today the cat started the labor about 1pm or so we think.. its 1230 my time now and still no kittens.. anyways this red "glob" thing came out it looked kinda like tissue.. then a slimy "tube" like thing connected to it. That part was brown.. now I've had a cat who had babies and never seen that. Does that sound normal or anybody ever seen this? Tried to google and nothing...

Replies

• Homeschoolmom99
    February 2, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Are you sure that was not a kitten?

• gypsy30
    by gypsy30
    February 2, 2013 at 12:29 AM
    The red glob wasn't a dead kitten was it? I'd be calling the vet if she doesn't have one soon. I watched my cat have kittens once and I don't remember seeing anything like that.
  • MrsGuerrero92
    February 2, 2013 at 12:30 AM
    That's weird!!! When my cat labors; she delivers healthy kittens. I'm actually waiting for her to deliver anyday now. She's had between 4-6 kittens.
  • ZakkarysMom
    February 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    That may have been a dead baby. :(
  • alexsmomaubrys2
    February 2, 2013 at 12:34 AM

How did the cat act toward the blob?

• Chrissy0918
    February 2, 2013 at 12:36 AM
    Doesn't sound right to me...
  • dewh2007
    February 2, 2013 at 12:40 AM
    Yeah it didn't sound right to any of us I think they are planning on calling a vet but not sure.. now the "glob"part was like dried up "flapped"over to me it just looked tissue like. We were wondering if it was a dead kitten that just did not develop at all... because it didn't look like an animal at all...

Quoting gypsy30:

The red glob wasn't a dead kitten was it? I'd be calling the vet if she doesn't have one soon. I watched my cat have kittens once and I don't remember seeing anything like that.

• dewh2007
    February 2, 2013 at 12:41 AM
    We were wondering but it does not look like it was an animal at any point.. we were thinking maybe just that one did not develop at all?idk it was weird.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Are you sure that was not a kitten?

• blondie.mom
    February 2, 2013 at 2:43 AM
    I would call a vet. I had a cat growing up that delivered all still borns :( it sounds a little like what they looked like, although it wasn't dried up like you described. Good luck!!!
  • Ginnygurl97
    February 2, 2013 at 3:08 AM
    I'm a vet tech. It was probably a just a clot, or in a rarer case, a placenta that developed around an embryo that never matured. They can be in labor for several hours w out birthing one. If she hasn't had a living one by morning, passed another clot looking mass, or has stalled, call your guys vet. Has she had kittens in the past, or is this her first litter? Good luck!!! Keep us posted, and I want to see pics of those little babies ;-)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts