The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Italiancouture7
American Girl Dolls
February 1, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Does anyone's DD have one??? DD got one for Christmas from a year ago and since then we've only purchased one outfit. I feel bad because she keeps asking if she can have a new outfit for her dolly but we have since moved and the nearest American Girl doll store is 4 hours away (Miami).

Everyone keeps saying the My Generation Dolls, Dollie & Me and the ones from walmart clothing will fit but they dont!!

I have purchased two dollie and me outfits and the clothing fit DD fine but the doll outfit (which says it fits 18" dolls) is so short that instead of being a dress it looks like a shirt or a hooker get up. Then today we tried the My generation from target and DD picked out a horseback riding outfit. I couldnt even get the pants over her hips and they were able to be button. The riding boots also would not go on her feet.

So why does everyone keep saying these things will fit when they clearly do not?? Is it just our doll or something??

Replies

• coolmommy2x
    February 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    Does she have a regular AG doll or a bitty baby? DD has both and the Dollie and Me clothes are snug on the bitty baby but fit the other AG fine. Check craft fairs...we've gotten a few outfits that way. They're handmade and much cheaper. I've also found some cute things on the AG site but in the sale section. Also check Etsy and Ebay.
  • Bax
    by Bax
    February 2, 2013 at 10:12 AM

My dd has one, we bought most of the outfits online. Way too expensive so most were Christmas or bday presents. And your right the "knock-off" clothing doesn't fit right.

• RheaF
    by RheaF
    February 2, 2013 at 10:15 AM

The Our Generation stuff from Target fits the AG dolls. DD has a few of the dolls(only because her Uncle and Nana buy them for her). She LOVES them. We buy the stuff from Target for the dolls though. $10 an outfit is better than $30 for the doll. lol

• RheaF
    by RheaF
    February 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • liveforever
    February 2, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Im not sure, my dd has tons of generic clothes for 18" dolls and the clothes fit her AG doll just fine. She actually has her in an outfit from Target (is that the My Generation?) right now. Its a skirt and top...the skirt comes to a good length.

I think the dolly and me clothes fit the best. The christmas looking dress is a dolly and me, the other one is a dress my mil made.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN