yezay
Nauseous every day!!!
by yezay
February 1, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Almost every day I wake up nauseous!! Sometimes I have bouts of nausea during the day. I have an iud and regular periods so I really doubt that I'm pregnant. What else could be causing this? I've also had a lot of gas and bloating lately. I'm miserable!

Replies

• Kmary
    by Kmary
    February 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM

When I had the Mirena (not sure if that's the IUD you have) I often had pregnancy-like symptoms including both nausea and bloat.  Overall, I liked the IUD just fine but I do think the progesterone in it caused me some symptoms that mirrored early pregnancy.  Just a thought.  Hope you feel better.

• christina0607
    February 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Post nasal drip?

It makes me terribly nauseous if I don't take something before bed. 

• yezay
    by yezay
    February 1, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    I have the paraguard but even without hormones sometimes I feel prego. I hate it!!

Quoting Kmary:

When I had the Mirena (not sure if that's the IUD you have) I often had pregnancy-like symptoms including both nausea and bloat.  Overall, I liked the IUD just fine but I do think the progesterone in it caused me some symptoms that mirrored early pregnancy.  Just a thought.  Hope you feel better.

• notjstasocermom
    February 1, 2013 at 8:32 AM

gall bladder, anxiety

• Due9
    by Due9
    February 1, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I would think it is the IUD or you are pregnant. I have heard of women getting pregnant while they have an IUD in. Either these, or maybe you started taking a new medication? Even some vitamins can make a person feel nauseated.

• yezay
    by yezay
    February 1, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    No new medication. I'm thinking maybe diet? So many different things give me tummy troubles. Today I'm nauseous and can stop have bms like every half hr. I haven't eaten since last night.

Quoting Due9:

I would think it is the IUD or you are pregnant. I have heard of women getting pregnant while they have an IUD in. Either these, or maybe you started taking a new medication? Even some vitamins can make a person feel nauseated.

• GirlieGal76
    February 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I feel that way when I don't take probiotics every day. It feels like I've eaten 5 Thanksgiving dinners if I don't take probiotics. I also had food allergy testing done and found out I was sensitive to things I never would have guessed, like sesame seeds, pineapple, cranberries and MSG.

• yezay
    by yezay
    February 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    MSG is a killer for me!! Where do you buy the probiotics?

Quoting GirlieGal76:

I feel that way when I don't take probiotics every day. It feels like I've eaten 5 Thanksgiving dinners if I don't take probiotics. I also had food allergy testing done and found out I was sensitive to things I never would have guessed, like sesame seeds, pineapple, cranberries and MSG.

• eema.gray
    February 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Could you have been exposed to mercury, like a broken (old fashioned) thermometer?  I read a blog by a lady who experienced several horrific years that started pretty much the way you describe, all from vacuuming up a broken mercury thermometer.

• yezay
    by yezay
    February 1, 2013 at 10:06 AM
    Omg not that I know of. What was her cure?

Quoting eema.gray:

Could you have been exposed to mercury, like a broken (old fashioned) thermometer?  I read a blog by a lady who experienced several horrific years that started pretty much the way you describe, all from vacuuming up a broken mercury thermometer.