The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Punkslilncs
Any moms here have a child that is not circumcised? TMI warning UPDATE
January 31, 2013 at 8:26 PM

My son is 5 and his foreskin doesn't retract. I took him into the er cause it hurts him and is red.. I thought he had a UTI, but the doctor is convinced that his foreskin should be retracting by now tried to shove it back and ripped him slightly. Then was like oh um wait a week then take him to the doctor so they can evaluate him, I said WHY a week oh cause you just hurt him and don't want others to see what you have done? 

Help is it meant to go back by now? they say there is too much over hang I don't know what that means.. 

UPDATE: So I went to the hospital today to complain about what was happened and explain I was told that you are never meant to force the foreskin down, and they replied with sometimes to examine the issue they need to do this. I said NO it never should be done. And why am I concerned, I said well cause he was ripped and bleeding. They were like oh do you want us to see him again. GOOD LORD no was my reply. I was like he is in school, then she was like OH it must not be that bad if he can go to school. I was like are you wanting him not to be able to walk or something, cause it seems like you are upset that he is in school. They totally dismissed me and my concerns. Also we still have no clue as to why son has a red penis, and he is urinating about 5-8 times an hour.

Replies

• MammaPaparazza
    January 31, 2013 at 8:28 PM
    You should put Vaseline on it, my son was circumcised but the skin was sticking to his penis and doctor did the same thing :(
    I was told to put vasoline on it and it got better
  • Mrsfarr
    by Mrsfarr
    January 31, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    Start with no more forceful retractions. He's the only person in the world who should be touching his penis.
  • AJSCASJMSmom
    January 31, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    My son had the problem and he had a yeast infection. I bought some cream and put it on there. The Dr shouldn't have forced it back
  • Kitschy
    by Kitschy
    January 31, 2013 at 8:32 PM

My son is only 2 1/2. Here's a bump. 

• Punkslilncs
    January 31, 2013 at 8:34 PM

The doctor was like the skin should be lose... and I was like doesn't that happen over time? Then the doctor was like no you are meant to work with the skin and some vasaline every day and I was like SAY WHAT???? Some doctors have NO clue what to do with an uncircumsized penis, I mean I am not an expert in the area, but you figure someone who went to medical school would have some knowledge. 

• RobinBright
    January 31, 2013 at 8:34 PM

How awful, that doctor should have known better.  A foreskin should never be retracted by anyone other than the "owner" of the penis.  It's perfectly normal for it not to retract until puberty  : /  I'm sorry, your kiddo must be hurting.  

• Retrokitty
    January 31, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    Uhm no the doctors wrong. DFs didn't retract until 16. I looked it up and it says most boys foreskin will retract by 18. It's so different for every boy. Some it happens days after birth.
  • Punkslilncs
    January 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I really don't know what to do. I have been told so many things. They said he might need emergency surgery to remove all the skin... I was like why they said the skin hung over too much and I was like well isn't that what foreskin is. I should have just had him circumsized :( 

• momtoBrenna
    January 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM

:( Don't let anyone else do that! He might have a yeast infection or he may need to go up a size in underwear. If they're too tight, they'll rub and make it red and sore. I hope that he feels better soon! 

• mich.el.le
    January 31, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Effing moron doctor. I would call your regular ped in the am and see what they suggest. If he can retract it at all without pain, have him put some vaseline or neosporin on it.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts