The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
krayzbabylove
Naomi Lee, 013113, pic heavy pg3-5
January 31, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Update * Well the pitocin wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be! Thank the lord! Actually it all went really really slow until she broke my water, after that it finally became painful. Just a couple hours later I was at a six, and about an hour after that I thought for sure I still had a long way to go,
And also that I had to go to the bathroom. I sat there for about ten minutes trying wondering why the hell I couldn't, and the contractions were unbearable. I was like, nope, I can't, I think I need an epidural this time, Yup Yup, I do. I can't do it. Midwife finally finally coaxed me back to the bed and I got one knee up and felt her head start to come out. I pushed three times and she came. It was amazing!!

Update** She has taken to bf like a champ! Ohh I am so relieved, and feel very accomplished and proud of both of us. Now, I just need to get through my tubal tomorrow and we are home free!!

I wasn't scared having my first, not at all. Also i went into labor on my own at 36 weeks with her. Now here I am, days from 40 weeks, about to be induced which scares the shit out of me. My first was a natural labor and birth, this is just scary! Calm my nerves?

Replies

• ambermarie2006
    January 31, 2013 at 9:27 AM
    Why are you being induced?
  • tansyflower
    January 31, 2013 at 9:28 AM

is there a reason why they are inducing you?  i refused to be induced until i was after 42 weeks or had a medical issue.  the risks of an induction were just not worth it to me.

• mackiebugsmom
    Don't worry, I got induced and it went quickly. I was actually scared about going natural with my second because being induced was so easy...GOOD LUCK and CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • Aslen
    by Aslen
    If it scares you, DON'T DO IT! YOU are the one in charge, NOT the doctor!
  • Mrs.Brugger
    January 31, 2013 at 9:30 AM

My body took the induction with my daughter and ran with it. I went in to be induced and found out I was in early labor so when the pitocin was started, my body basically got a kickstart and it went very smoothly and my water was broken, it took an hour and a half to go from 4cm to 10cm and she was out. I was nervous about it, but it ended up going great.

Good luck and congrats on your soon-to-be-born baby!!

• krayzbabylove
    January 31, 2013 at 9:31 AM
    She is super small, they don't think my placenta is providing her with the right amount of nutrition. After weeks of monitoring my midwife feels like she will do better out. It scares me, but not as much as the idea of her going hungry in there :(

Quoting ambermarie2006:

• January1964
    January 31, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I was induced. It was no problem. You'll be fine.

• ambermario4ever
    January 31, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I was induced with my second and my labor was no different than with my first.

• krayzbabylove
    January 31, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    That is GOOD to hear, thank you!

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

My body took the induction with my daughter and ran with it. I went in to be induced and found out I was in early labor so when the pitocin was started, my body basically got a kickstart and it went very smoothly and my water was broken, it took an hour and a half to go from 4cm to 10cm and she was out. I was nervous about it, but it ended up going great.

Good luck and congrats on your soon-to-be-born baby!!

• ambermarie2006
    January 31, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    Well I can understand those concerns. My 1 induction was at 42 weeks with my son, the fluid started to rapidly decline and there was a big chance he could be strangled. It wasn't terrible, but the contractions are much more painful with an induction I found.

Quoting krayzbabylove:

She is super small, they don't think my placenta is providing her with the right amount of nutrition. After weeks of monitoring my midwife feels like she will do better out. It scares me, but not as much as the idea of her going hungry in there :(

Quoting ambermarie2006:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN