The CafeMom Newcomers Club

TableforSeven
When you read a post or email....
January 31, 2013 at 2:16 AM

When you read a post - or an email, etc -- do you ever read it with someone's "voice" in your head?

For me it happens when I am reading something written by someone I know and have spoken to....not as much on here with ladies I have never talked to.
I do it a lot with one woman I know -- every time I read something written by her....I read it hearing her voice.

Anyone else? 

Replies

• frndlyfn
    January 31, 2013 at 2:21 AM

I usually put a generic female voice but hard to figure out some nuances you get from talking face to face.  There is one person who emails me  their generic voice is a whiny one.

• sorcha1945
    January 31, 2013 at 2:22 AM
    Only if it Morgan Freeman or Sean Connery.
  • TableforSeven
    January 31, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

I usually put a generic female voice but hard to figure out some nuances you get from talking face to face.  There is one person who emails me  their generic voice is a whiny one.

The woman I do it for the most - who I know personally - I hear in her quiet, "sing-songy" voice.  I swear she is always high or something.  I was reading something she typed out-loud to DH and he commented on how I was imitating her voice....that's what got me thinking.

• frndlyfn
    January 31, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Quoting TableforSeven:

Quoting frndlyfn:

The woman I do it for the most - who I know personally - I hear in her quiet, "sing-songy" voice.  I swear she is always high or something.  I was reading something she typed out-loud to DH and he commented on how I was imitating her voice....that's what got me thinking.

Some people have that natural sing song to their voice.    I even read books in what i percieve to be the characters voice.

• notjstasocermom
    January 31, 2013 at 6:58 AM

no.

• iluvsn85
    January 31, 2013 at 7:04 AM
    I do the same thing when im reading..
  • GodsAmiga
    January 31, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Yes, I do but only when I know their voice well enough.

• MammaPaparazza
    January 31, 2013 at 7:06 AM
    Lol ya allll the time
  • PerfectVirgo
    January 31, 2013 at 7:07 AM
    Yes! Putting accents and quirks into their voice. Lol

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to