The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
SupermarketMama
Dance Moms....
January 29, 2013 at 7:43 PM
This is my very first time watching this show and holy shit ...is this scripted?! Please tell me this is scripted...there's this horrid fat bitch who verbally abuses all the children and the moms aren't saying shit they're kissing her butt. She told this mom her daughters were stupid ...and she says horrible things about all of them and the moms just sit there and take it....

How is her teeth not knocked down her throat? Am I missing something ...is there a reason why they allow her to basically call their children trash?

Replies

• christina0607
    January 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    Because she's the best on the east coast. Always has been...long before this show ever came about. She makes stars, and that's not always pretty.

However I do think she's gotten worse since the show.
  • Gorilla_Mama
    January 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    I was watching her on a talk show a while back and she said since the show started airing she gets calls from old students who say they should have made the show back in the day when she was really mean and she's going soft.

Quoting christina0607:

Because she's the best on the east coast. Always has been...long before this show ever came about. She makes stars, and that's not always pretty.

However I do think she's gotten worse since the show.
  • SupermarketMama
    January 29, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    Wow...I mean how does she turn out stars when she's so overweight she can't possibly teach those girls all of those moves ...like how does she teach them? If she's the best in the east coast than...I dunno ..its just crazy and I heard most of the little girls don't dance professionally as adults.
  • Kylie819
    January 29, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    It's completely scripted.

I'm a dance mom (nothing like the way they're portrayed, lol) and know people who know the cast members.
  • lylalane7275
    January 29, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I love this show, but I have always thought it was scripted.  The little girls are very sweet and I actually like most of the mothers.

• tabitha26
    January 29, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    She's a really good dance teacher the kids love her . She's just wants them to do good . She's is a witch sometimes and i hate when she says the kids are stupid but they put up with her .
  • SuperPickle
    January 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM

i do think it is scripted but unfortunately some of the dance world IS like that....my dance teacher used to call my sister fat all the time......so much so that she developed an eating disorder that she battles to this day(over 25 years later)

• thickmamaof2
    January 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    She makes stars. My choir teacher was like that in high school but guess what? We were national champions. So much so that all of our letterman jackets were paid for. I don't mind the teaching style
  • Tiffanydshives
    January 29, 2013 at 8:42 PM
    Bump
  • Gorilla_Mama
    January 29, 2013 at 8:56 PM
    My cousins daughter is in dance and she said her teacher is alot like Abby but her daughter got accepted into a very exclusive dance program and wins tons of competitions. Seems harsh but if it gets results...?

Quoting SuperPickle:

i do think it is scripted but unfortunately some of the dance world IS like that....my dance teacher used to call my sister fat all the time......so much so that she developed an eating disorder that she battles to this day(over 25 years later)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts