The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
AlohaTink
Are you a young mom....
January 28, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Or a "well travelled" mom? We are only as old as we feel! I'm a young mom (well not so young anymore) I'm 26 with a 6 year old. If you could, would you change how old you were? I'm on the fence about it. Yes because I wasn't ready to be a mom emotionally and financially. But no because I like being a young mom. I love to go to school functions or field trips and reminisce about how I was the child not so many years ago. What about y'all?

Replies

• TableforSeven
    January 29, 2013 at 12:01 AM

We were 19 when our first child was born and 30 when our youngest was born.  I am glad we started our family when we did....we weren't planning on getting pregnant on our honeymoon - but we did, so our family started pretty much right away.  There was a huge difference in how I felt pregnant and with a newborn at 19 than I did at 30....so I am glad my kids were mostly born when I was younger.

• LanasMommy0504
    January 29, 2013 at 12:06 AM
    I'm 27 with a 6 and 3 year old and expecting #3. Sometimes I wish we'd waited a little longer. I was 20 when DD was born and DH & I had just been married a little over a year. I absolutely love being a mom though and wouldn't trade it for the world. :-)
  • AlohaTink
    January 29, 2013 at 7:39 AM
    Bump!
  • lapcounter
    January 29, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    A mature, well traveled mom.
  • AubreeG16
    January 29, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    I'm a young momma. I'm currently 17 and I have 28 month old twins. :)
  • Aisforawesome
    January 29, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I'm 24 with an almost 6 year old, so technically I'm young, but I feel old.:( I wouldn't change how old,  I would change with who.

• Msgme
    by Msgme
    January 29, 2013 at 7:58 AM

I was newly 22 when my first child was born.  which is kinda young.  But compared to the fact that i was 16 when I started trying to get pregnant It wasnt that young.  I thank the gods and knock on wood often that I was not 16 when i got pregnant. It turned out to be the perfect age for me. I was just shy of my 28th b-day when my youngest was born.  It all worked out the best way it could of.

• crazymom21
    January 29, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    I'm happy that all my children were born when I was younger. Though at almost 28 I am not old. Raising kids at any age can be challenging. I look forward to being young(42) when my youngest is out of the house. That is if she's 18 and moves out lol. Either way I'll still be young.
  • JMmomof2
    January 29, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    I thought I was very young at 23 with my first and 24 with my second, but now knowing what people say is"young" is what I would say is a child.
  • alexsmomaubrys2
    January 29, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I was 23 & 24 when I had my kids, unfortunately I looked like I was 16 and got a lot of shit from strangers.

I don't think that I was necessarily a "young" mom.

My kids are now 7 & 8.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts