The CafeMom Newcomers Club

demonica29
Watching my father die, need company
January 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Or maybe a good argument to keep my mind occupied. I flew into Boston from Poemix with my five year old son. My mom and half brother picked us up at the airport and we came straight to the hospital. As recently as this morning they thought he had a couple of weeks.  When I called to tell my mom my plane was delayed she told me he had less than 24 hours.   So we came straight from the airport. They stayed a little while and then went home. I'm spending the night in his room.

Replies

• WenisEnvy
    January 27, 2013 at 11:28 PM
    I'm sorry about your dad :( hugs hunny!
  • Evansmommy1130
    I'm sorry, I've been there. :(
  • yezay
    by yezay
    I'm sorry you're going through that. I'm right outside of Boston if you need anything.
  • emeraldangel2.0

i'm so sorry. i don't know what to say

• demonica29
    January 27, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Where at?  Looks like I'm going to have plenty of time to just hang since my flight back isn't until next Sunday. I came because he was supposed to be discharged to hospice tomorrow or tuesday and I wanted to help him make that difficult transition. All different now, the nurse say he knows I'm there but whatever.  I'm at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, which oddly enough isnt in Lawrence but rather in Malden or Medford or one of those M towns I always get mixed up.

Quoting yezay:

I'm sorry you're going through that. I'm right outside of Boston if you need anything.

• demonica29
    January 27, 2013 at 11:42 PM

For goodness sake, say something politically of religiously inappropriate, and let's get this party started!

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

• demonica29
    January 27, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Apparently this is my purpose in life. I sat by my grandmother's hospice bed the night before she died and was holding her hand when she passed.

• emeraldangel2.0
    January 27, 2013 at 11:46 PM

um

Obama is the devil.

that should get the party started.

i could post political memes

Quoting demonica29:

For goodness sake, say something politically of religiously inappropriate, and let's get this party started!

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

• Ashes0813
    January 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM
    I'm so sorry mama.
  • emeraldangel2.0
    January 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Or a Fourth One Put On

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups