The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
taxes and getting paid under the table??!!
by kjms99
January 26, 2013 at 10:41 PM

 So if a person gets paid under the table and the employer refuses to give them a 1099-T (I think that's what its called) how do you go about paying/filing taxes?



  • KMAsMommy9182
    January 29, 2013 at 3:45 PM

    Isn't the whole point of getting paid under the table to not pay taxes?

  • tansyflower
    January 29, 2013 at 3:48 PM

    lol usually.

    Quoting KMAsMommy9182:

    Isn't the whole point of getting paid under the table to not pay taxes?

  • honeybee69
    January 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM

    You file it as a schedule c for a small business. I use to babysit, I claimed every dime I made! If the parents wanted a receipt that was fine with me because I did claim it all. Filing as a business you can take alot more deductions. I used pretty much my whole house, my car, etc for the business so a portion was deducted. My husband also runs his own business and has for 10 yrs. I still have a small business online, so I file for my business and dh's. I do have a full time job now too. 

    I use turbo tax and have not had to be audited at all. Actually once for the state I did. We were getting medicaid at the time and the did a sting operation on all self employed people. I brought in all my documents, bank statements etc. We passed their aduit some 3 hours worth of searching. 

  • my4littlegirls
    January 29, 2013 at 4:13 PM

    Since you were there for 17 months how did you do your taxes last year? You were there for 5 to 6 months before the end of the year. Is this a new thing they started doing?

  • kansasmom1978
    January 29, 2013 at 4:48 PM
    You file taxes if it is under the table and it is illegal.
  • kjms99
    by kjms99
    January 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM

     How is that an excuse, it is what it is!!!!  gotta work to take care of the kid!!!!

    Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

    Ahhh. The "single parent" excuse...

    Quoting kjms99:

     well considering Im a single parent andit was the only job I could find and I didnt want to go on PA I thought it would be ok!

    Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

    If you had wanted to "do the right thing" you wouldn't have worked for them to begin with. 


  • LucyHarper
    January 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM

    You don't. Thats the point of getting paid under the table.

  • KairisMama
    January 29, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    Lol that's what I was thinking.
    I pay my DCP under the table. She gives me a fabulous rate, I keep her from getting taxed. :P

    Quoting SupermarketMama:

    What...ur crazy as hell you been workiing under the table and you wanna pay taxes?! ....chile please .....wouldn't be me let the bashing begin
  • Katt709
    by Katt709
    January 29, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    File as self employed and claim all that they paid you. That's all that you need to do. Since you didn't pay throughout the year you'll owe money and probably a penalty since your supposed to pay quarterly when self employed.
  • Chanel5nyc
    January 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM
    Do not file this year. It might be a messy situation. Just get a real job this year and file taxes next year.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts