The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
HarrisFamily740
What would you do? .....
January 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM

if you knew your family (my mother and little sister) did not like the man you were with, the one you are going to marry, or already have, how would you react when they visited? 

I sent my fiance out of the house today while my mother is here. I dont think its fair for him to have to feel uncomfortable in his own home because he knows she doesnt like him. (she told him to his face after he found out behind his back). He was happy to leave the house. LOL

I know my mother will call him a coward and that hes not putting effort in, but i dont expect him to do that. I would hate to be around someone who doesn't like me knowing they are just being fake.. 

im hoping she doesnt say anything cause i might go off. 

Am i doing the wrong thing? should i have had him stay? im dreading her coming! 

Replies

• lucky2Beeme
    January 26, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I would not allow my mother over. Its his house if she cant be sociable to him in his home she needs to stay away.

• Val99
    by Val99
    January 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    If someone doessnt like my husband and I wanted to see them I would go somewhere else to visit. I would never invite someone into our home that dislikes my husband and he would never invite someone in who didn't like me.

Respect is why we've been happily married for 15 years.
  • HarrisFamily740
    January 26, 2013 at 2:24 PM

oh she will be sociable, but he and i both know its all fake. I have had years and years of issues with my family. this is only a small chunck of it. He went to a freinds house to do guy things so hes fine being gone, but it frustrates me that even with me i know shes being fake. Shes coming over to celebrate my birthday (which is on monday). ugh im just so nervous! 

• AlohaTink
    January 26, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    That wouldn't fly in my house. Absolutely not. If someone was rude like that to my husband they can just stay away from my house. Family or not.
  • HarrisFamily740
    January 26, 2013 at 2:26 PM

i didnt invite her! she invited hierself. She wanted to spend the day with me for my birthday and the fact that shes never been to my house so she (after six months of us living her) wants to see it. He and i have an understanding. He was fine leaving, i told him he had the choice. He said he would perfer to hang out with his friends and i agreed. ugh now i feel like a bad fiance!!!!!!! 

• GagaNTattooS
    January 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    I wouldn't marry someone who didn't get along with my parents and sister. I sure as heck wouldn't marry him. My family is a huge piece of my daily life
  • mcwife86
    January 26, 2013 at 2:29 PM

i wouldn't let them come to my house if they disrespected the person i love. if they cant act like adults then they can go sit on the playground and not my couch.

• HarrisFamily740
    January 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Thats one of the reason i love him. My family is rude and self centered, hes nothing like it.. He gets along just fine but because he doesnt talk about the stuff they want to (ie- sex, fiances, personal issues) they say he doesnt have a personality. Im sorry i dont talk about my personal life, does that mean i dont have a personalitiy? 

• SP_Mama
    by SP_Mama
    January 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM
    Me either. They don't have to like him but if she couldn't be respectful and try for my sake, she wouldn't be coming over. I would not ask my husband to leave our house because my mom wanted to act childish.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I would not allow my mother over. Its his house if she cant be sociable to him in his home she needs to stay away.

• stacefaceninja
    January 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM

me? I would tell my mom to stay the fuck home if she couldn't be respectful to my husband. Why does she dislike him so much? 

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN