stacefaceninja
Are you planning to put your parents in a nursing home?
January 25, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I refuse to. I've been in some "nice" ones and I've been in some "bad" ones. Abuse happens in all of them. Don't be daft and think it doesn't or can't.

***Yes,I realize that some people have "no other choice" than to put their parents in a home.I'm not directing this at you.***

However, most do it because they can't work taking care of their elderly parents into their busy family schedules. It's a good thing your parents didn't feel the same way about you when YOU were helpless and dependent on them. 

If your parents were assholes...then do what you want. But if your parents loved you and did their best for you...why would you put them through this?

Replies

• coolmommy2x
    January 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM
    I love my parents and joke with them all the time that I will be putting them away somewhere...where is to be determined by how well they treat me. Although I'm close to my mom, I am a Daddy's girl and keep reminding my mom she has some ground to make up. LOL!

But if they truly had an issue and I felt they would be safer in a facility, yes I would. Their needs come before my wants.
  • Mrs.Bolin
    January 25, 2013 at 10:24 PM

i could care less right now. My mom got depressed after her and my dad split and she got layed off at her job and wouldnt go lookin for another while my and my sister and her sisters paid her bills while she sat on her ass for 4 yrs which caused her to have a ruptured disk in her spine and all kinds of other things. Now she went and filed for disability and got it and gets a decent amount of money. She pays her bills with it, buys her cigarettes and blows any spare money on garage sales and thrift stores. None of us will ever see any of that money that she told us that she would pay us back with. My oldest sister wants to be the suck up but kisser so she can worry about it. Sorry. I just had to let it out. 

• huntersmama711
    January 25, 2013 at 10:25 PM
    My mom had to go into a nursing home at age 49. She had a medical condition that us kids couldn't care for her.
  • stacefaceninja
    January 25, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Safer how? Do you mean like from a fall? I see your point, but I would just stay home and take care of them. They can just as easily fall at a home, and if they are being abused, they may be reluctant to report a fall. This could cause a whole shit storm of problems.

Thansk for answering!!!

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I love my parents and joke with them all the time that I will be putting them away somewhere...where is to be determined by how well they treat me. Although I'm close to my mom, I am a Daddy's girl and keep reminding my mom she has some ground to make up. LOL!

But if they truly had an issue and I felt they would be safer in a facility, yes I would. Their needs come before my wants.

• DomesticDoll
    January 25, 2013 at 10:26 PM
    I hope one day to have a big house big enough for my mom to live with me.
  • edelweiss23
    Only once they can no longer live at home.

We heave a really great one here that I would move them into(spent years working there as a teen).
  • RLT2
    by RLT2

Yes, if they keep up their shit  >.>  lol

• stacefaceninja

I don't blame you. Sorry you have to deal with that. 

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

i could care less right now. My mom got depressed after her and my dad split and she got layed off at her job and wouldnt go lookin for another while my and my sister and her sisters paid her bills while she sat on her ass for 4 yrs which caused her to have a ruptured disk in her spine and all kinds of other things. Now she went and filed for disability and got it and gets a decent amount of money. She pays her bills with it, buys her cigarettes and blows any spare money on garage sales and thrift stores. None of us will ever see any of that money that she told us that she would pay us back with. My oldest sister wants to be the suck up but kisser so she can worry about it. Sorry. I just had to let it out. 

• weirdkids
    January 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    My mom, yes.
  • TeamTARDIS
    January 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I don't give a crap what happens to my mom. She can grow old and bitter in her home and choke on her money for all I care.
    My in-laws will probably move back to Ireland.