The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
AlohaTink
Are you a mama or mom?
January 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I'm curious if its a regional or just a familial difference? I was raised in California to call her mom but my mother was raised by southern born parents to call her mama. I'm raising ds in Tennessee and he says mama (and yes ma'am but dh put his foot down about ds saying y'all). So what about y'all? And why do you think?

Replies

• Prissy_Gurl
    January 25, 2013 at 10:29 PM
    I'm mom, mama, mommy and I say y'all I'm in Texas.
  • hnybee1984
    January 25, 2013 at 10:40 PM
    I'm from TN...born and raised!!! I say y'all and hehaw!! Lol but my kids call me what they want mom mommy mamma!! But they better never call me Brandy ( my first name)
  • Rust.n.Gears
    January 25, 2013 at 10:40 PM

My family is from Massachusetts and the kids call me mama. I call my mother mama too.

• SP_Mama
    by SP_Mama
    January 25, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    I'm was born on Texas and I'm still in Texas and I'm Mama.
  • sam12796
    January 25, 2013 at 10:44 PM

both actually. They've been known to call me mum too. As long as they don't call me Ma, that is what I called my mom and I am from the north east originally.

• JLah
    by JLah
    January 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM

My son calls me mama. I try to get him to call me mommy.  We live in PA

ETA I say you guys or yous guys.

• sherry132
    January 25, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Let's see, I'm from Oklahoma, I call my mother mama to this day. My daughter (who is 18) typically calls me either mom, or mama. My son (13) refuses to stop calling me mommy. He says I am a special kind of mother, I deserve mommy forever! LOL He's my sweetheart! 

My kids were mostly raised military. 

• Lisha77
    by Lisha77
    January 25, 2013 at 10:47 PM
    It kinda depends on his mood. When he's sleepy, it's mama. When he's annoyed, it's MOM! When he's snuggling, it's mommy. As he gets older, I'm pretty sure it will be mom.

We're in Georgia.
  • Thelmama
    January 25, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I am called Mommy or Mom and sometimes Mama........LOL.  I was born and raised in the south.  I am all about the y'all and the yes maa'm etc etc.  Mostly my kids call me Mommy......though. I call mine Mama and my dh's mother Mom.  

• balagan_imma
    January 25, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I am Imma (ee-ma) It's Hebrew foe mom/mommy.

im from NY and my mother is mom.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN