Cafe Robin
Kate Gosselin faces 2013! (PHOTOS) Has 2013 overwhelmed you already too?
January 24, 2013 at 2:25 PM

2013: The Year of the Teenager and More!

Posted by Kate Gosselin on January 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  • Exciting things happening in our house in 2013!

This year has already kept me way too busy! It may seem impossible to be somewhat overwhelmed so early on, but I admit it, I am. Fortunately, I like it that way. My saying is "to be busy is always better than to be bored." And I'm anything but bored so far in 2013!

As a general rule, I don't bother with New Year's resolutions. Who has the time? And to me, they feel like yet another thing on my never-ending "to-do list." Who needs that??? I do always face each new year with a fresh smile and renewed determination though ...

All too quickly that feeling is eclipsed by the sudden onset of dread ...

Since my birthday falls early in the year, my first thought is ALWAYS, "Oh no, this year I turn [insert my new age], am I still considered young?" Panic will definitely ensue this year when I turn 38 in March. That's just way too close to the big 4-0!

I'm crossing my fingers that my kids will continue to keep me young. That's what they say about kids anyway. But somehow I feel like mine are making me old! The speed at which I must move to keep our world turning makes me feel like I'm 80 years old by the end of the day! Having eight kids is sort of like having an eight-car freight train speeding past me daily. I gotta keep up and most days -- it's all I can do!

So this year I turn 38. Okay, gotta accept it, right? What else can I do? Once I accept it, I can move on and refocus on the new year with thoughts of everything that I hope to make happen this year in all categories of life -- home, family, work, and fun!

This year is going to be full of adventures for me and my eight. For starters, I'm blogging here at The Stir every week! I was asked to join the many talented writers here and I feel honored that my stressful, funny, crazy, and sometimes unbelievable life experiences as a single mom of eight will be documented right here!

Beyond this blogging opportunity, I have some other exciting projects in the works that I can't quite discuss as of yet. I am not teasing you on purpose, I'll divulge just as soon as I can!

And putting my career work aside, the new year has been whipping my butt on the home front: following a busy Christmas, a week-long family trip, and then a three-week-long home maintenance marathon led by a close family friend who is a jack of all trades and master of ALL (in which I wielded a hammer and other such tools -- learning details of plumbing, building, and repairing from a master), I am still trying to get organized and settled into 2013!

Oh, and did I forget to mention that 2013 has been officially titled "The Year of the Teenager(s)" for me! Yes, I have two girls turning 13 this year. Help! This is going to be one heck of a ride ...

More details to come on all of the above topics ... For today, I just wanted to say hello and that I'm really happy to be here!

Has 2013 overwhelmed you already too?

Replies

• goddess99
    January 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM

welcome to cafemom    2013 has been pretty good so far!

• SimplyEnchanted
    January 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM

2013 is off to a beautiful start! Age is just a number, Kate. You'll be fine! ♥ Can't wait to see what you share with us! :)

• DiANAiVELiSSE
    January 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM

on vacation  HELLo!

• autiemama516
    January 24, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Welcome Kate!

• coolmommy2x
    January 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    38? Been there done that! LOL! Age really is just a number. And my oldest turns 13 too so I feel your anxiety there!
  • CheyennesMommy2
    January 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    How are you?? I wasnt sure if you were still on cm since you left the ddg. I hope alls well!

Quoting SimplyEnchanted:

2013 is off to a beautiful start! Age is just a number, Kate. You'll be fine! ♥ Can't wait to see what you share with us! :)

• SimplyEnchanted
    January 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Girl, I had a huge ordeal with and after my loss. I'm doing better now though and I'm now 7 weeks pregnant with a little rainbow baby. :) How are you doing?

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

How are you?? I wasnt sure if you were still on cm since you left the ddg. I hope alls well!

Quoting SimplyEnchanted:

• angeleyes16
    January 24, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Cool to see you here Kate. I was wondering what you were up to!

• silverdawn99
    January 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM

People may bash kate but bless her heart she has eight children and two of them are hitting puberty! i do not envy her at all

• CheyennesMommy2
    January 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM
    Oh yay! Congrats! I know, that was tough on you :( but your strong!

How are you feeling so far?

Im good. 38w 4d...miserable but good. My hips feel like they are being wedged apart. Its a rather unique feeling. Pm me if you want! I dont wanna hijack a post :P

Quoting SimplyEnchanted:

Girl, I had a huge ordeal with and after my loss. I'm doing better now though and I'm now 7 weeks pregnant with a little rainbow baby. :) How are you doing?

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Quoting SimplyEnchanted: