The CafeMom Newcomers Club

mrsjksimmons
What would be a reasonable price?
January 23, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I'm looking for a new purse and I'm not sure what is a reasonable price to pay for a good one. I've just bought cheapy ones before and usually have to replace them every year or so. I want to pay for quality and have it last me a good long while. So again, what's reasonable?

Replies

• frndlyfn
    January 23, 2013 at 10:48 PM

most i have spent is 30 and they last me for years. I am not a name brand person though like the big designers.  

• TableforSeven
    January 23, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I won't spend more than $15 on a purse.  The ones I have bought usually last 5+ years.

• mrsjksimmons
    January 23, 2013 at 10:51 PM

See I found a couple purses online but they are like 50-100 and I'm not sure if that is too expensive. I really love this one purse and it's 50.

Quoting frndlyfn:

most i have spent is 30 and they last me for years. I am not a name brand person though like the big designers.  

• frndlyfn
    January 23, 2013 at 10:55 PM

look at more the materials they are made of.  I have noticed the cloth ones w/o lining tend to wear out sooner whereas the leather (or fake leather) ones will last longer regardless of lining.  If the purses have reviews, look at those as well.

Quoting mrsjksimmons:

See I found a couple purses online but they are like 50-100 and I'm not sure if that is too expensive. I really love this one purse and it's 50.

Quoting frndlyfn:

• Seagodess
    January 23, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I have never spent more than $20 on one. All of them lasted for years. I dont switch then out often. Will use the same one for a year, then go to a old one then go back and so on. My first purse was $20. I bought it 11 years ago I think and I still have it. Its in good condition. 

I will never  understand people who spend hundreds of dollars on purses and claim they are better made. I'm wondering what they do to their purses to make them go to crap so easily.

• Mrsfarr
    by Mrsfarr
    January 23, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    I'd just like to add to this:

Read the worst reviews, not just the best, sometimes, people give a five star rating without thought because they've just gotten it and they're excited. And sometimes, people give poor reviews for things that might not be relevant to you. "bag was too small/big for my needs" "I'd prefer it with (some feature)".
    So sometimes the reviews are a bit wrong.

Quoting frndlyfn:

look at more the materials they are made of.  I have noticed the cloth ones w/o lining tend to wear out sooner whereas the leather (or fake leather) ones will last longer regardless of lining.  If the purses have reviews, look at those as well.

Quoting mrsjksimmons:

Quoting frndlyfn:

• yezay
    by yezay
    January 23, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    I love tj maxx for my purses!
  • Mrs.Brugger
    January 23, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Idk. I get cheapo ones because I get so bored with purses. I change it up a lot. I have a bin of purses lol If I have something going on, I like to pick and choose which bag goes best for the occasion/outfit =p

• mrsjksimmons
    January 23, 2013 at 11:44 PM

BUMP!

• jadsmummy
    January 24, 2013 at 1:02 AM
    I rarely buy purses. I just bought a guess one from Ross that I absolutely love for 40. That's expensive for me. My next purse I am going designer and leather what it will cost yikes but I want the quality.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts