wonderwomanT08
Anyone else allergic to....*WARNING! owie pic in replies*
January 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Adhesive? I'm allergic to latex as well. My skin and the adhesive become one in seconds and my skin just rips off. No band aids or medical tape for me! It just popped up in the last couple years.
I'm nervous about labor and delivery because I will need an IV. Anyone else have this?

Replies

• Crashly
    by Crashly
    January 23, 2013 at 2:32 PM
    So far I haven't encountered any allergies.
  • wonderwomanT08
    January 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I forgot to tell the nurse after she drew blood. That is from a lil ol band aid
  • pinkiebabii
    January 23, 2013 at 2:35 PM
    Why will you need an iv?
  • wonderwomanT08
    January 23, 2013 at 2:35 PM
    I tested positive for strep B

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Why will you need an iv?

• Meglet1970
    January 23, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Have you tried paper tape?  That is what they have to use on me.  I am also allergic to Latex. 

• GraceStrickland
    January 23, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    I have a latex semsitivity. They have silicone iv tubes and latex free bandages, just let know know before :)
  • GraceStrickland
    January 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    **sensitivity

Quoting GraceStrickland:

I have a latex semsitivity. They have silicone iv tubes and latex free bandages, just let know know before :)

• wonderwomanT08
    January 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    Yes...its not as bad. But it still has adhesive and I have to take it off right away. I need 4 hrs of.the IV :(

Quoting Meglet1970:

Have you tried paper tape?  That is what they have to use on me.  I am also allergic to Latex. 

• allycally
    January 23, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    The Iv "tape" is kinda like plastic wrap....im allergic to latex and iodine...
  • EmmaZate
    January 23, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    Ohhh yeah... I am too... I have a hard time with adhesive but I'm not allergic to latex. It's terrible. I have a scar from a bandaid that I put on my leg as a teenager when I sliced myself shaving... I don't always have a choice though, I have to deal with the rash and scars to get things done. Like when I have this baby I have to have an epi/spinal cause I'm having a scheduled csection, and that is going to mess up my back for awhile... Good thing they make hydrocortisone creams, though I would t reccommend using them in broken skin like your pic....