The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Crazylovingfam
Just cause for quiting but still get unemployment
January 22, 2013 at 9:13 PM
If your hours are changed (you were hired in for a weekend only position third shift but they change you to a 5 day a week days position) and drop your hourly wage, is it just cause for quoting a job and can you still get uneployment?

Replies

• lilmom71
    January 22, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I don't think so.

• duejan13th
    January 22, 2013 at 9:16 PM
    No
  • duejan13th
    January 22, 2013 at 9:17 PM
    That's a reason to get a new job!
  • Crazylovingfam
    January 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    Someone at work was saying it is. I was just wondering. They are thinking about moving around positions and cutting wages

Quoting duejan13th:

No

• Crazylovingfam
    January 22, 2013 at 9:24 PM
    The employer refused to meet conditions of the hiring agreement, such as hours or wages.

This is listed under the just cause for quiting under unemployment so I guess it just depends how you interpret it

Quoting duejan13th:

No

• Jebekarue
    January 22, 2013 at 9:26 PM

First of all it depends on the state you live in.  Florida (where I live) is a no fault state and it is realllly hard to get it here if you quit.

With that said, I would ask you this, when you filled out your application for your job what did you put your availability as?  Did you put weekends only 3rd shift? Or did you put any shift any day?

If you put weekends only 3rd shift then yes, you could still POSSIBLY get it. BUT if you put any shift any day, then no.

If you put weekends only 3rd shift and they deny you, you can file an appeal and explain why you quit and they may go ahead and give it to you.

Having said all that, is it the money difference that made you quit or want to quit?  Would you still be getting the same amount of hours?    I was just wondering if there was enough of an amount difference to matter?  Or if its sitter issues.

Good luck.

• Crazylovingfam
    January 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM
    Large amount sitter issues but also they are talking about cutting our wage from $62/hr to $19/hr and putting us in a different position and different hours. Also for me it messes with school and I just paid for my classes out of pocket

Quoting Jebekarue:

First of all it depends on the state you live in.  Florida (where I live) is a no fault state and it is realllly hard to get it here if you quit.

With that said, I would ask you this, when you filled out your application for your job what did you put your availability as?  Did you put weekends only 3rd shift? Or did you put any shift any day?

If you put weekends only 3rd shift then yes, you could still POSSIBLY get it. BUT if you put any shift any day, then no.

If you put weekends only 3rd shift and they deny you, you can file an appeal and explain why you quit and they may go ahead and give it to you.

Having said all that, is it the money difference that made you quit or want to quit?  Would you still be getting the same amount of hours?    I was just wondering if there was enough of an amount difference to matter?  Or if its sitter issues.

Good luck.

• Jebekarue
    January 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM

DAMN!!!! what are u doing for 62 bucks an hour?  I would see if you can scrounge up you hire packet and look thru it and see what you agreed too when you signed them.

And then too it depends on what you put down on your application for your availability.  Like I said if you put any day any time you probably wont get it.  But if they put your hourly wage on there and do such a HUGE paycut, you might have a leg to stand on because they are not following thru on their side of the money.  

I would call your local umemployment office and talk to them they would know best.   

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

Large amount sitter issues but also they are talking about cutting our wage from $62/hr to $19/hr and putting us in a different position and different hours. Also for me it messes with school and I just paid for my classes out of pocket

Quoting Jebekarue:

Good luck.

• IndianaWynette
    January 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Damn if I'd go from $62 to $19 for anybody. I would say as long as you said weekend nights only you should be able to get it. What were you doing for $62 an hr. and what state??

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts