The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
tristansmom74
Hey CM - I don't speak spanish!!!
January 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I know there are alot of people on here that do speak spanish. But I don't.  I've noticed that somethings are customized just for me. Like the ads on the side. I'm a horsie person and it picks up horse stuff for my ads (due to cookies, I'm told)

But why do I get Spanish ads then?  And the one that always wants me to take a survey?  Its written in Spanish when it pops up on my screen and the secondary language is English.

Are yours in English or Spanish?

Nothing against spanish - I would love to learn to speak it. But currently I don't and I find it annoying. This appears to be an English site so why do I keep getting things in Spanish?

Replies

• Tish_Hughes
    January 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM
    Bump
  • iamcafemom83
    January 22, 2013 at 1:03 PM
    Maybe they are trying something new. Tbh I pay no attention to the ads until one of them redirects me...grrrr.

• Mrs_Reynolds
    January 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I get the spanish cafemom ads a lot to. I just click out of them. It also freaks me out that I see ads for sites I've visited that week as well. 

• shylynn22
    January 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM
    I speak Spanish, but I never get ads on Spanish. Mine are in English
  • MissTacoBell
    January 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    I laughed so hard when I saw this title because I know exactly what you're talking about. "¿salta a la enquesta?" wtf?

That said, I DO speak Spanish and they're still obnoxious.
  • kgmmw
    by kgmmw
    January 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    Mine are in English. It might have something to do with the MamasLatinas website Cafemom launched.
  • norwgnwood
    January 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM
    My last name is Portuguese. I have adds pop up in Spanish also including the survey you're talking about. I assume its due to my last name. I get junk mail in Spanish and Portuguese as well.
  • clp0930
    by clp0930
    January 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I keep getting things about stepmoms...confsing because I'm neither a sm or bm...

• Mommy4000
    January 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I haven't noticed the ads being customized to me at all, and as far as the survey, it switches up from what I've noticed. It's sometimes in Spanish, sometimes in English.

• aj23
    by aj23
    January 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM

They have a spanish version of this site. Maybe they just get confused sometimes.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts