tristansmom74
Hey CM - I don't speak spanish!!!
January 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I know there are alot of people on here that do speak spanish. But I don't.  I've noticed that somethings are customized just for me. Like the ads on the side. I'm a horsie person and it picks up horse stuff for my ads (due to cookies, I'm told)

But why do I get Spanish ads then?  And the one that always wants me to take a survey?  Its written in Spanish when it pops up on my screen and the secondary language is English.

Are yours in English or Spanish?

Nothing against spanish - I would love to learn to speak it. But currently I don't and I find it annoying. This appears to be an English site so why do I keep getting things in Spanish?

Replies

• Tish_Hughes
    January 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM
    Bump
  • iamcafemom83
    January 22, 2013 at 1:03 PM
    Maybe they are trying something new. Tbh I pay no attention to the ads until one of them redirects me...grrrr.

• Mrs_Reynolds
    January 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I get the spanish cafemom ads a lot to. I just click out of them. It also freaks me out that I see ads for sites I've visited that week as well. 

• shylynn22
    January 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM
    I speak Spanish, but I never get ads on Spanish. Mine are in English
  • MissTacoBell
    January 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    I laughed so hard when I saw this title because I know exactly what you're talking about. "┬┐salta a la enquesta?" wtf?

That said, I DO speak Spanish and they're still obnoxious.
  • kgmmw
    by kgmmw
    January 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM
    Mine are in English. It might have something to do with the MamasLatinas website Cafemom launched.
  • norwgnwood
    January 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM
    My last name is Portuguese. I have adds pop up in Spanish also including the survey you're talking about. I assume its due to my last name. I get junk mail in Spanish and Portuguese as well.
  • clp0930
    by clp0930
    January 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I keep getting things about stepmoms...confsing because I'm neither a sm or bm...

• Mommy4000
    January 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I haven't noticed the ads being customized to me at all, and as far as the survey, it switches up from what I've noticed. It's sometimes in Spanish, sometimes in English.

• aj23
    by aj23
    January 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM

They have a spanish version of this site. Maybe they just get confused sometimes.