The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
tristansmom74
Hey CM - I don't speak spanish!!!
January 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I know there are alot of people on here that do speak spanish. But I don't.  I've noticed that somethings are customized just for me. Like the ads on the side. I'm a horsie person and it picks up horse stuff for my ads (due to cookies, I'm told)

But why do I get Spanish ads then?  And the one that always wants me to take a survey?  Its written in Spanish when it pops up on my screen and the secondary language is English.

Are yours in English or Spanish?

Nothing against spanish - I would love to learn to speak it. But currently I don't and I find it annoying. This appears to be an English site so why do I keep getting things in Spanish?

Replies

• Babujai
    by Babujai
    January 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM

LOL!  That was on my phone...and believe me...I have no idea how my history reflected that I'm interested in a mailaway bride...LOL! 

Quoting tristansmom74:

LMAO- and uh... Might want to check your browser history.

Quoting Babujai:

I got one for Russian Brides...

blank stare

• camsmami
    January 22, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    I like horseys too! Im a barrel racer and horse trainer. :-D
  • tristansmom74
    January 22, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    My last name isn't even remotely spanish so thats not how i get it. I just wonder if i somehow flagged a database somewhere in CM world. Sounds like i'm not the only one though.

Quoting furbabymum:

Mine is spanish too. I don't get it. My last name maybe?

• thatgirl70
    January 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Those I don't notice, but when I get taken to a survey and it's Spanish (and it's been happening a lot here lately), I get annoyed. 

• AHmom103
    January 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM

The survey thing that pops up is always in Spanish for me too. It doesn't bother me too much. What really bugs me is that when my husband googles something for his woodworking projects, it always brings those ads up on here. Why does it never use ads for things I look up? lol

• maryroses
    January 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I get the same ad.  I get at almost every day, it drives me crazy.  I am not of Spanish decent, am not in an Spanish groups, I am wondering why the Spanish ad.  On a side note, I can read it.  But I don't even want to take the survey in English much less Spanish.

• IndianaWynette
    January 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I don't get pop up survey's

• taKENheart
    January 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I don't usually get them in Spanish but many times the surveys say I have completed them and I haven't. That was annoying because I try to do them all.
    I did notice ads for a perfume I had recently looked up...dumb me thought it was a sign that I should buy it, LOL! <<< it's ok, you can laugh!

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts