The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
dommad2
Momma's who blog
by dommad2
January 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Hey ladies! I am working on starting a blog but am unsure of which site works best. I started one but am already pissed off at the site! What sites do you use, do you pay for your use, what do you like/dislike about your site, and is there a site you would tell me to absolutely avoid?

Replies

• dommad2
    by dommad2
    January 21, 2013 at 11:10 AM

bump

• Mrs.BAT
    by Mrs.BAT
    January 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I use blogger, now. I used Live Journal back in the day, but I don't even know if it's still around. I'm thinking of trying out one of the newer microblogging platforms, like Tumblr, but I'm not sure about that yet. I don't pay for mine and all around I'm happy with it. With blogging platforms, it's really a personal thing and you just need to look into different pros and cons for each site and go through tours if you can (check out youtube and the like for video walkthroughs of how to use each platform). They all have their pros and cons and nobody can really tell you which one is better.

The two most popular seem to be Blogger & Word Press, and Tumblr is probably the most popular microblogging platform.

• dommad2
    by dommad2
    January 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Thank you, I have decided to go with Blogger. We'll see how it goes!

Quoting Mrs.BAT:

I use blogger, now. I used Live Journal back in the day, but I don't even know if it's still around. I'm thinking of trying out one of the newer microblogging platforms, like Tumblr, but I'm not sure about that yet. I don't pay for mine and all around I'm happy with it. With blogging platforms, it's really a personal thing and you just need to look into different pros and cons for each site and go through tours if you can (check out youtube and the like for video walkthroughs of how to use each platform). They all have their pros and cons and nobody can really tell you which one is better.

The two most popular seem to be Blogger & Word Press, and Tumblr is probably the most popular microblogging platform.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN