The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
LABELmeCUTE
Today a parent told me that my daughter was "stuck up"
January 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Ok soo I coach Cheerleading & my daughters also cheer, I'm not their coach they cheer on a younger division.. Well we are getting ready for national in Vegas next week & I decided to change 2 things to make it a little more fun,but today I pulled a muscle at the gym soo while I was going over the dance I called my 11 year old DD & her two friends too demonstrate the routine for my team (my daughter & her friends was at the house last night & they watched me make it up).... Well after they showed the girls they went back to their practice & one of the parents said too me" I don't think that's a good idea to have the younger girls show them" I asked her if they were going too fast,or did they not teach it well,& she said "uhh Noo they taught it fine, I just think the one in the pink sweats is stuck up" that was soo off gaurd, especially since my daughter is sweet as pie ", but she says she sees her stretching before practice all the time & that she's stuck up,she looks rude,& she's not friendly
She couldn't give me an actual reason on why she was stuck up,
That really made me mad tho

Replies

• frndlyfn
    January 18, 2013 at 11:53 PM

grrrrrr   I dont like when people base their opinions on looks.    That parent is feeling very insecure about things.

• MissTacoBell
    January 18, 2013 at 11:54 PM
    Birtches be jealous.
  • LABELmeCUTE
    January 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM
    LOL

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Birtches be jealous.

• Due9
    by Due9
    January 19, 2013 at 12:11 AM

There will always be that one person that is just so negative and hateful. Some people just hate the world. It's not you or your daughter's issue.

• ILoveMyKids84_
    January 19, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

grrrrrr   I dont like when people base their opinions on looks.    That parent is feeling very insecure about things.

• ditsyjo
    by ditsyjo
    January 19, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Im sorry

• Rhonda142
    January 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Jealousy bring out the worst in people doesn't it... :( . 

• dusky_rose
    Sue
    January 19, 2013 at 1:06 AM

It's at times like that, that you really wish you could come up with a snappy comeback that would put her in her place. I bet she didn't even think that she was referring to your daughter and if you told her that she was that she would have felt really stupid.

• coolmommy2x
    January 19, 2013 at 7:44 AM
    That is very true!

Quoting Due9:

There will always be that one person that is just so negative and hateful. Some people just hate the world. It's not you or your daughter's issue.

• JustMe0326
    January 19, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    Eh. Don't take it to heart. All 11year olds are stuck up. Even if they're "sweet as pie" at home to mom and dad.
    They're pre-teens. The world revolves around them, and they just entered middle school where they learned how to be "clique-y". It happens. If some adult can't realize that and feels the need to gossip about it to other parents (I'm assuming she didn't know you were her mother) then she's the one with the problem!

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts