The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Due9
Buying a house. Which choice would you go with? poll
by Due9
January 18, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Choice A- very nice area which means higher prices for average-nice homes, in the city which is what we like, very close to dh's job, very competitive public schools with wealthy kids and much pressure to achieve (so much pressure that it worries my how this will effect our kids if they don't fit in).

Choice B- suburb (not in city) which is okay with us but we like city better, average home price for great homes, further drive to dh's work, excellent public schools and more laid back competition between students than choice A, but so not as much pressure to succeed which could mean less chance of going to college.

Choice A-super high pressure, excellent schools that yields success. But high pressure could be bad also; high home prices. (but we would do this only to insure great education for our kids) Choice B- very good schools, better home prices.
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 24% - Choice A
  2. 75% - Choice B

Replies

• jessi2girls
    January 18, 2013 at 7:49 PM

b, but I hate cities.. so I'm biased. lol 

• armyvet06
    January 18, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    I say b but i cant stand the city
  • JulyBabies
    January 18, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I certainly want my kids to excel in school, I am sure we all do, but not so much that they are going to be stressed out over it. There are going to be enough years in my children's life that they will be under some sort of pressure both educationally and professionally, if I can minimize it now, I will.

• bmw29
    by bmw29
    January 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I hate the city so I voted B.

• iansusie
    January 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM

darn, I meant B, accidentally said A. I can supplement my child's education, I cannot see myself possibly struggling with a high mortgage, if someone loses a job or something happens. 

• noahscott
    January 18, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I said B because you don't have to be in the most competitive school to go to college. I didn't even graduate high school.. got my GED and I'm in a very nice private college now. Grades make the student not the money. and a good neighborhood is the most important thing to me.

• meglennox
    January 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM
    B
  • CatherineNewton
    January 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM

you will be living there long after your kids are out of the house. so i go with a bc you like the city and want to be there more than the burbs. 

• terpmama
    January 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM
    How mich of a commute difference?
  • RubyMom0526
    January 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Hate the city, more crime

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to