pixxydust
I need some help?
January 18, 2013 at 5:36 AM

so I need to restart my computer to factory settings. I have thousands and thousands of pics. is there any place that I can download my pictures that will be SAFE so I can store them there reset computer then add pics from site back to computer.

Replies

• pixxydust
    January 18, 2013 at 5:36 AM

or a way to fix my computer errors with out it costing me. 

• rrs256
    by rrs256
    January 18, 2013 at 5:57 AM

If you have a portable usb drive just put all of your pictures onto that.

• Bax
    by Bax
    January 18, 2013 at 6:24 AM

There is an online storage place for just this thing.  You upload your pictures, documents, files to this storage site, fix your computer, and then download them back to your computer.  And its free (and easy). I did this for my daughters computer in October and worked great.  Give me a minute or two and I will look up the link for you.  FYI: when I did her computer I screwed up itunes.  She just downloaded her songs, she didn't save them to itunes and she lost every single one of them.  So make sure those are safe before you reboot.

• pixxydust
    January 18, 2013 at 6:31 AM
    Thankyou

Quoting Bax:

There is an online storage place for just this thing.  You upload your pictures, documents, files to this storage site, fix your computer, and then download them back to your computer.  And its free (and easy). I did this for my daughters computer in October and worked great.  Give me a minute or two and I will look up the link for you.  FYI: when I did her computer I screwed up itunes.  She just downloaded her songs, she didn't save them to itunes and she lost every single one of them.  So make sure those are safe before you reboot.

• Bax
    by Bax
    January 18, 2013 at 6:36 AM

Here it is, its great, you'll never use backup disks again. 

http://www.mediafire.com/

• pixxydust
    January 18, 2013 at 6:41 AM
    Thankyou
  • Bax
    by Bax
    January 18, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Hey- before you start- when you upload your docs the files are automatically liste as public docs.  Since I am assuming you don't want other people seeing them, you have to manually click the little "eye" icon next to the file to make private.  Didn't want you to miss that.