The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
I.heart.my.kids
Anyone have any thoughts on what this is? Pic included and PIOG
January 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM

My 5 year old left school with this today. His dad didnt notice until they got to hs Krav Maga class and had to change him out of his uniform and into his workout gear.

I gave him his bath last night and didn't notice anything and I also helped him get dressed this morning and he didnt complain about any uncomfortablness, itching or anything else. 

He is on his way home from class and his dad and i wil decide on whether we will take him to the ER or wait until the morning to see his ped doctor.

Replies

• TrouserMouse
    January 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM

It is hives.  It is most likely a contact dermatitis meaning he came into contact with something on his skin right there that he is having a reaction to. Give him some Benadryl and put some hyrdrocortisone cream on it.  It is not an emergency as long as it doesn't spread and affect his breathing.

• ihave1
    by ihave1
    January 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM

what the hay.    kind of looks like someone hit him w/ a belt.  are they walts?

• Rust.n.Gears
    January 17, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    That's hives. My mom gets those.
  • I.heart.my.kids
    January 17, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I am soo petrified of bed bugs (irrational maybe but still) when he gets home I am going to give him an oatmeal bath and put some witch hazel on them thanks for your help

Quoting TrouserMouse:

It is hives.  It is most likely a contact dermatitis meaning he came into contact with something on his skin right there that he is having a reaction to. Give him some Benadryl and put some hyrdrocortisone cream on it.  It is not an emergency as long as it doesn't spread and effect his breathing.

• emilysmom8

Kind of looks like hives, did he eat something new? Did you use differant detergant to wash his clothes?

• I.heart.my.kids

thats what his dad thought too. but ds said no

Quoting ihave1:

• Sun_Shine_990
    January 17, 2013 at 6:01 PM
    i am sorry but i agree with this. They look like raised walts not hieves or a rash... Idk what to tell you but good luck...

Quoting ihave1:

• I.heart.my.kids
    January 17, 2013 at 6:03 PM

They do look raised. I cannot wait for them to get home so I can really get a good look at them

Quoting Sun_Shine_990:

i am sorry but i agree with this. They look like raised walts not hieves or a rash... Idk what to tell you but good luck...

Quoting ihave1:

• LucyHarper
    January 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM

They look like hives. But you could show us the picture with his pants pulled up and we would still be able to see them. Belt welts are more discolored and aren't sort of pointy in the middle like those,.

• I.heart.my.kids
    January 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM

youre absolutely right.... but this is what I have... nothing is showing and they are the same size as a pair of child speedos. 

Quoting LucyHarper:

They look like hives. But you could show us the picture with his pants pulled up and we would still be able to see them.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts