The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
kaylasmom22
I will never be able to have another kid and its sad
January 17, 2013 at 6:56 AM
Cause its not that I can't but that I'm not emotionally ready for one.I thought my depression/ anxiety was over but I guess not. I'm sitting here crying my eyes out because my dd has had a headache for 3 nights. The normal mom will think it's cause of her sinus( she has allergies) but my crazy self is having all these crazy thoughts. Of course calling my mom and her telling me that my brother in law's daughter is in a comma doesn't help. Especially cause his kid had a headache.(long story,she had pneumonia,was hosp for 5 days.she is not in a comma just for headaches) why can't I think like a normal mom and say that my dd is fine?. I have asked God to help me over and over but I don't know what else to do.

Replies

• Yurixsi
    by Yurixsi
    January 17, 2013 at 7:03 AM
    It will be ok have you took her to the hospital yet. How old is she. My DD gets headaches to ive found out its bacause of the heater crazy huh I use a humidifier...
  • kaylasmom22
    January 17, 2013 at 7:05 AM
    Quoting Yurixsi:

It will be ok have you took her to the hospital yet. How old is she. My DD gets headaches to ive found out its bacause of the heater crazy huh I use a humidifier...

She is 5,and I'm calling her doc today so she can give me a referral for a CT scan. I am trying to avoid e.r. cause of this flu outbreak.
  • TheMrs407
    January 17, 2013 at 7:06 AM

I'm not sure to what extent you are feeling this anxiety and depression, but I think being wooried and a small "what if" in your mind is a normal reaction in your situation.

• kaylasmom22
    January 17, 2013 at 7:07 AM
    To the extent of not eating and crying for hours.

Quoting TheMrs407:

I'm not sure to what extent you are feeling this anxiety and depression, but I think being wooried and a small "what if" in your mind is a normal reaction in your situation.

• TheMrs407
    January 17, 2013 at 7:09 AM

No, not to that extent.  I hope you and dd feel better.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

To the extent of not eating and crying for hours.

Quoting TheMrs407:

• edelweiss23
    Could she be dehydrated?

I get bad headaches if I don't drink enough water.

Have you tried giving her any tylanol or Advil to help with the headache
  • 3lilmonsters88
    A what if is a normal reaction but if your at the point of not eating or sleeping I think its time to call your doctor and get some anxiety meds. If you are already on them they may need to be changed or upped. Good luck.
  • kaylasmom22
    January 17, 2013 at 7:16 AM
    She doesn't drink that much water and she can go hours with not peein. See a normal mom would think this but not me lol. I gave her Motrin yesterday morning before school

Quoting edelweiss23:

Could she be dehydrated?

• tecsabates
    January 17, 2013 at 7:19 AM
    Is there any family history of migraines? My son started getting them when he was that young.
  • edelweiss23
    January 17, 2013 at 7:20 AM
    See if you can get her to drink more clear liquids.

I have a splitting headache right from not drinking enough yesterday and then running 3 miles this morning.

Also, before you try for a CT scan, see if you can take her to the eye Dr.
    My 7 year old was getting really bad headaches and it turned out she needed glasses.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

She doesn't drink that much water and she can go hours with not peein. See a normal mom would think this but not me lol. I gave her Motrin yesterday morning before school

Quoting edelweiss23:

Could she be dehydrated?

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts