The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Due9
Would you buy a vehicle if...
by Due9
January 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM

You knew they were changing the names of all of their models in 2014.

Infiniti is changing the names of their cars and SUVS. Instead of an alphabet of letters like, G's, M's, Jx's -all cars will start with Q proceeded by a number and all SUVs will start with QX proceeded by a number.

This means, anyone buying an Infiniti now or before now will have the old nomenclature on their car. So if I decide to buy the 2013 JX35, by the end of this year it will be an old name because the JX35 will become the QX60. The actual model won't change at all for 2014, just the model name.

This sucks because I don't want to get a car that will be considered "old" when I just paid so much for it. Would this name change mean anything to you or would you still buy the car now? Or wait for the 2014 new name model?

Replies

• sherry132
    January 11, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I purchase vehicles based on the amount of money I have to spend. In other words, if I can afford a brand new vehicle that's never been driving or owned, I will buy that vehicle. If I like it, I won't give a shit about the year it was released. 

• OrientalLily
    January 11, 2013 at 11:08 PM
    Ummm, I'd likely buy it anyways. It's still the same vehicle. I would actually like the fact that I had the last production year model. Might be worth a little extra when it's time to upgrade again.
  • RheaF
    by RheaF
    January 11, 2013 at 11:08 PM
    If I liked the car, the name would not matter.
  • Jaxsonsmama2009
    January 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    Those are all gorgeous so I wouldn't care. If someone wanted to judge me based on the name of my car they could really kiss my leather seat heated ass.
  • Chris030406
    January 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I wish I had your problems. 

• MissTacoBell
    January 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM
    DON'T DO IT!!!!!

Here's why:

My parents bought a 99 Chevy cavalier. They loved it. So when it got totaled they wanted another one but they stopped making the cavalier in 05 and started the new Cobalt line. It was mechanically the same car as the cavalier, but different chassis and name.

They are now driving a car that has no working: gas gage, rpm gage, heat gage, radio, keyless entry, car alarm/panic alarm. That's not considering the laundry list of stuff the warranty paid for before it ended AND what my parents have paid to fix.

Chevy doesn't care. They refuse to recall it. Why should they? They don't care what bad rep a car they are no longer trying to sell has. If it was a cobalt in 06? Of course they'd fix anything to get you to recommend the car.

Theres nothing in it for them to stand behind the car. That's no different with other manufacturers.

Go with a model they are going to keep making or you may be buying a half-assed piece of crap and be stuck with the repair bill AND a car payment.
  • MissTacoBell
    January 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    Same here lol

Quoting Chris030406:

I wish I had your problems. 

• FL2AK
    by FL2AK
    January 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM
    You are over thinking it.
  • MrsApple
    January 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Why would it matter? The car starts to depreciate the moment you drive it off the lot anyways...

• silverdawn99
    January 11, 2013 at 11:29 PM

i purchase vechiles on their abilities not their names

as soon as you buy a vechile it goes down in value anyways

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email