The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
undrcvrmom
Anyone been in a Hot Air Balloon?
January 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM

My daughter and I are taking a girls trip to AZ in Feb.  I have been looking for fun stuff for her and I to do, she is 10.

I saw the hot air balloon thing and I know she would absolutely LOVE it but I am TERRIFIED!  I try not to let my fears spill over to my kids tho.....so, I would like to hear some great hot air balloon stories please!lol

Replies

• allabout11708
    January 11, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    Omg, that sounds so fun!I never have, but I really want to!
  • vegepunkstr
    January 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I went in one when I was 7. My best friends family won some money from the lottery and took us to Utah for xmas that year and took us on the balloon ride. We went really early in the morning and got to watch the sunrise from the balloon. It was really cool!

• Amybelle
    January 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Yup several times, my Dad was partner in a Hot Air Balloon company for a while It's actually not scary at all

• SuperPickle
    January 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM

We recently had a hot air balloon festival but it was WAAAAAY to expensive for a ride.....$75 PER PERSON for a 5 minute tethered ride......if you wanted to go for an actual ride it was a LOT more......

• undrcvrmom
    January 11, 2013 at 10:53 AM

See now a tethered ride I would be more comfortable with but that is way too much for 5 minutes!!

• _WC_Mama
    January 11, 2013 at 12:19 PM

No I have not,I am terrified of heights so there would be no way I would ever go up in one,but I say go for it,it may just be a once in a lifetime thing and You may enjoy it.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts