mamameg82
Is My Dream Crazy? Am I Too Old??
January 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I am 30 years old and have 2 boys under 5.

I have always wanted to be a surrogate mother. My husband thinks I am crazy and my mom thinks I am too old. I thought this would be a wonderful thing to help mothers that want to have children of their own but can not carry them.

I thought I would reach out to all you ladies and see your thoughts. Also any help with info on becoming a surrogate would be great.

Thanks in advance for the info!!

Replies

• christina0607
    January 10, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Just google becomeing a surrogate, you'll find agencies to do so. One I've heard of is Creating families. 

I think it's a very noble thing to do. It's not for me, there is just too much involved for me, but I'm glad others do it. 

• VintageWife
    January 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM

You're not too old.

• snakesNsnails
    January 10, 2013 at 2:47 PM

You are definately not too old. I think it sounds great.  I would want to make sure that my husband was "on board" also, though.

• LuLuRex
    by LuLuRex
    January 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I think it's a very generous thing to do :)

• pamelax3
    January 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I think your age is fine and what a wonderful gift to give another woman

• Amybarnhart11
    January 10, 2013 at 5:39 PM
    That's a very noble thing to do!!! It takes a special person to me able to give such a selfless gift! You go mama! If you are really interested in doing this do some research in in but I'm positive you aren't too old.
  • coolmommy2x
    January 11, 2013 at 8:19 AM
    I think being a surrogate is the most selfless, generous, kind hearted thing you can do! You are definitely not too old but like Christina said, do your research. Good luck!
  • unspecified42
    January 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Nope. I would say that most surrogates are in their 30s. You may have a harder time matching if you want to be a traditional surrogate (using your own eggs), but absolutely no problem if you want to be a gestational surrogate.

• NDADanceMom
    January 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Its up to you.  I know someone that did it.  I lost respect for her.  She just rented out her womb to complete strangers so she could pay off her credit cards.  I can see helping a sister or bff but random stranger?  No. 

I also thought it was odd because she had kids already, as you do, and they had to explain to all of their friends they were not getting a brother or sister, mommy's baby was for sale. 

• Chr1stiansmom
    January 12, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I wanted to tell you , You are not  to old . I  tryed to have a baby from the time I was 22 until I was 36 and finally got pregnant then and never had a bit of trouble . In fact it was the most awesome thing in my entire life . I wanted so many more children , but never got pregnant again . I think someone that can do that for someone ( being a suragant ) is very special .