The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
lmspivey
Can someone create an aneurysm awareness sweetpea?
January 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Is there a way to request a new "awareness" sweetpea. Both my parents had brain aneurysms. My mom died from one and my dad had one but thanks to technology he was saved. I know the color of the ribbon is burgandy. I was just wondering if someone on Cafemom could create one? I guess it isn't a big deal but people affected by aneurysms would surely agree that we need one as well!!! 

Replies

• funhappymom
    January 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM

You could send a message to the CafeMom Team using the Contact Us at the bottom of any page to suggest it.

• Reina13
    by Reina13
    January 8, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Definitely send a message to CafeMom.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

• flowerfunleah
    January 8, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Thats a great suggestion!

• do11face
    January 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM

My mom had one, as well, at age 38.

She unbelievably survived.

• lmspivey
    January 9, 2013 at 4:11 AM

My Mama had hers before MRI's were standardized. She was 58 and she started having nosebleeds. She didn't complain of headaches or any symptoms. Now I had nosebleeds as a child that were inherited from my Daddy so Mama just didn't think anything of it even though it was strange to have a nosebleed. Then it got so bad they went to ER. Well, they packed her nose with gauze and then my Uncle (I was going to college in Tigerville SC at North Greenville (then College) University at the time) said to the doctor "it looks like blood is coming out from the corners of her eyes". The doctor dismissed it saying that it was just her wiping her nose, then maybe wiping her eyes. 

Of course, now we all know what happened. Her nose was blocked by the gauze so it started coming from other orifices because she was hemorrhaging from the aneurysm that had burst. 

Thank God MRI's can detect them. Now here is something you may not know. If one is diagnosed with an aneurysm then that person has had it ALL their life. It is something that can "balloon" up because of stress and unhealthy habits such as smoking a lot, blood pressure probs, cholesterol  etc...and from what I have checked out online such as WEBmd and such it is not been confirmed that it is hereditary but I mean, I had two parents with aneurysms in the exact same area...this kid ain't taking no chances! 

• lmspivey
    January 9, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I contacted them just like you said. You guys rock. Thanks. And feel free to check out my profile. I only have like three friends on here so if anyone wants to friend me I am 39 with 3 step children (2 with ADD) and a nephew that I help raise that is Autistic. I am a firm believer in awareness. My sister died of breast and ovarian cancer. And I had a miscarriage in 2003 so I'm big on ribbons ;-) Add me guys if you like! I love movies, birds, butterflies, all animals, reading, writing and anything to do with NCIS, CSI, Hawaii Five O...all crime drama! And I love the Lord!jigsaw ribbonteal ribbonsids ribbonpink ribbon These sweet peas are for my sister who had the breast and ovarian cancer, my miscarriage (same color ribbon as sids), and my nephew who has Autism

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts