The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Momyplease
What you miss doing with your son now that he is getting bigger?
January 7, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Hi ladies

What you all miss doing with your children that they are to old for now?

Replies

• chalisa0
    Kim
    January 7, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Well, my son is 15 and over 6 ft tall now, so let's see.   I really miss those toddler years when I could just pick him up and swing him around and he would giggle and giggle.  I miss his little kid voice (yes, it's changed.)  I miss how much he needed me-he's not so clingy anymore-lol.  I miss those baby kisses and the excitement of sharing every little thing he discovered-like caterpillars and dandelions.  I REALLY miss buying him toys for Christmas.  I loved to sit on the floor and play with the kids.  Now, the toys are just video games-but luckily he'll still sit and play board games or do a jigsaw puzzle with me every so often.   But, I love that he's older and we can have "grown up" type conversations now.  I love that he's independent and not afraid of invisible monsters or doing things without me.  I love that he can make himself a grilled cheese sandwich and I don't have to do every little thing for him.  I do miss things, but this stage of life is awesome too.

• Momyplease
    January 7, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    wow that was well said. You speak from my heart. I am allready get sad when I think of him having his own place. I will miss him so so much.

Quoting chalisa0:

Well, my son is 15 and over 6 ft tall now, so let's see.   I really miss those toddler years when I could just pick him up and swing him around and he would giggle and giggle.  I miss his little kid voice (yes, it's changed.)  I miss how much he needed me-he's not so clingy anymore-lol.  I miss those baby kisses and the excitement of sharing every little thing he discovered-like caterpillars and dandelions.  I REALLY miss buying him toys for Christmas.  I loved to sit on the floor and play with the kids.  Now, the toys are just video games-but luckily he'll still sit and play board games or do a jigsaw puzzle with me every so often.   But, I love that he's older and we can have "grown up" type conversations now.  I love that he's independent and not afraid of invisible monsters or doing things without me.  I love that he can make himself a grilled cheese sandwich and I don't have to do every little thing for him.  I do miss things, but this stage of life is awesome too.

• calsmom62
    January 7, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    This for me too.

Quoting chalisa0:

• PestPatti
    January 7, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Oh I miss alot but my sons are grown.  My 21 year old is still home but for a short time.   I saw him at lunch today, he calls me "mommy" its a pet name .  He also thanked me after dinner.  Oh yes I will miss him when he is out on his own.  But that's what we strive for from the beginning.....   

• zoo003
    by zoo003
    January 7, 2013 at 8:46 PM

This.  (BTW-very well written) I also miss cuddle time with my 12 year old son (thankfully, my 10 y/o ds will still do it).  I love just sitting, reading a book and cuddling or on a slow day, watching a movie and cuddling.   Now he is too "old" and "cool" to cuddle with mom, although occasionally he will forget and do it:).  It's almost like dealing with a wild animal.  No sudden movements or he will realize what he is doing and flee.  So, I just sit there and enjoy.  Like you said, I enjoy the independence as they grow up, but I really miss this. 

Quoting chalisa0:

• Momyplease
    January 7, 2013 at 8:46 PM
    You are very right and I should not forget that. thanks for the reminder

Quoting PestPatti:

Oh I miss alot but my sons are grown.  My 21 year old is still home but for a short time.   I saw him at lunch today, he calls me "mommy" its a pet name .  He also thanked me after dinner.  Oh yes I will miss him when he is out on his own.  But that's what we strive for from the beginning.....   

• OrientalLily
    January 7, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    I miss snuggling with my son and playing "this little piggy" on his toes :(
    He just wants to play trucks now that he's a "big boy".

I don't miss playing with my dd. She was a grumpy and serious little one. She is much more fun and lively now that she is older. She and I, always get a good laugh when looking at pictures of her crusty self when she was little. What a little grump! Lol

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN