The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Momyplease
What you miss doing with your son now that he is getting bigger?
January 7, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Hi ladies

What you all miss doing with your children that they are to old for now?

Replies

• chalisa0
    Kim
    January 7, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Well, my son is 15 and over 6 ft tall now, so let's see.   I really miss those toddler years when I could just pick him up and swing him around and he would giggle and giggle.  I miss his little kid voice (yes, it's changed.)  I miss how much he needed me-he's not so clingy anymore-lol.  I miss those baby kisses and the excitement of sharing every little thing he discovered-like caterpillars and dandelions.  I REALLY miss buying him toys for Christmas.  I loved to sit on the floor and play with the kids.  Now, the toys are just video games-but luckily he'll still sit and play board games or do a jigsaw puzzle with me every so often.   But, I love that he's older and we can have "grown up" type conversations now.  I love that he's independent and not afraid of invisible monsters or doing things without me.  I love that he can make himself a grilled cheese sandwich and I don't have to do every little thing for him.  I do miss things, but this stage of life is awesome too.

• Momyplease
    January 7, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    wow that was well said. You speak from my heart. I am allready get sad when I think of him having his own place. I will miss him so so much.

Quoting chalisa0:

Well, my son is 15 and over 6 ft tall now, so let's see.   I really miss those toddler years when I could just pick him up and swing him around and he would giggle and giggle.  I miss his little kid voice (yes, it's changed.)  I miss how much he needed me-he's not so clingy anymore-lol.  I miss those baby kisses and the excitement of sharing every little thing he discovered-like caterpillars and dandelions.  I REALLY miss buying him toys for Christmas.  I loved to sit on the floor and play with the kids.  Now, the toys are just video games-but luckily he'll still sit and play board games or do a jigsaw puzzle with me every so often.   But, I love that he's older and we can have "grown up" type conversations now.  I love that he's independent and not afraid of invisible monsters or doing things without me.  I love that he can make himself a grilled cheese sandwich and I don't have to do every little thing for him.  I do miss things, but this stage of life is awesome too.

• calsmom62
    January 7, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    This for me too.

Quoting chalisa0:

• PestPatti
    January 7, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Oh I miss alot but my sons are grown.  My 21 year old is still home but for a short time.   I saw him at lunch today, he calls me "mommy" its a pet name .  He also thanked me after dinner.  Oh yes I will miss him when he is out on his own.  But that's what we strive for from the beginning.....   

• zoo003
    by zoo003
    January 7, 2013 at 8:46 PM

This.  (BTW-very well written) I also miss cuddle time with my 12 year old son (thankfully, my 10 y/o ds will still do it).  I love just sitting, reading a book and cuddling or on a slow day, watching a movie and cuddling.   Now he is too "old" and "cool" to cuddle with mom, although occasionally he will forget and do it:).  It's almost like dealing with a wild animal.  No sudden movements or he will realize what he is doing and flee.  So, I just sit there and enjoy.  Like you said, I enjoy the independence as they grow up, but I really miss this. 

Quoting chalisa0:

• Momyplease
    January 7, 2013 at 8:46 PM
    You are very right and I should not forget that. thanks for the reminder

Quoting PestPatti:

Oh I miss alot but my sons are grown.  My 21 year old is still home but for a short time.   I saw him at lunch today, he calls me "mommy" its a pet name .  He also thanked me after dinner.  Oh yes I will miss him when he is out on his own.  But that's what we strive for from the beginning.....   

• OrientalLily
    January 7, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    I miss snuggling with my son and playing "this little piggy" on his toes :(
    He just wants to play trucks now that he's a "big boy".

I don't miss playing with my dd. She was a grumpy and serious little one. She is much more fun and lively now that she is older. She and I, always get a good laugh when looking at pictures of her crusty self when she was little. What a little grump! Lol

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts