southernbelle07
Would this concern you?
January 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM
My youngest son is 15 months, and it seems, to me, that he pee's too much. I change him before we go out somewhere, and within two hours, he has soaked his diaper and his pants are wet. This is almost every time we go somewhere. He drinks his sippy a lot, but I am not sure if he wants it because he is actually thirsty, or if it is more so habit. I am not really sure how to tell the difference. And, he generally has only one full sippy cup while we are gone anyway. I'm not sure how his diaper gets so full. He has his 15 month check up Monday, and I will bring it up to the Dr. But, I was wondering of anyone had any thoughts.

Replies

• lucky2Beeme
    January 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM

dont fill the cup all the way up.

• mesfilles
    January 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    Excessive thirst CAN be a sign of diabetes so I would bring it up to the doctor. However, it could just be that he needs to move up a size in diapers. Same happened with my kids when they outgrew their diaper size.
  • emilysmom8
    January 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Thirsty all the time and peeing is a sign of a diabetic.

• southernbelle07
    January 3, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    But, does two hours with one sippy cup seem like enough to soak a diaper and wet his pants?
    I don't know. My older son never did this. We used to drive two hours just to go to my moms house and never had a problem.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

• dlnimo
    by dlnimo
    January 3, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    Could be he needs to move up a size in diapers. My twins are 15 months and we just moved them up because of this very reason! They are girls and we use Pampers.
  • southernbelle07
    January 3, 2013 at 7:23 PM
    I thought of that. It's why I'm concerned.

I'm just not sure if it may be just a habbit to have a drink, and not exactly thirst. Do you know how to tell the difference?

Quoting emilysmom8:

Thirsty all the time and peeing is a sign of a diabetic.

• southernbelle07
    January 3, 2013 at 7:23 PM
    Well, I already have him in a size 6, so I'm not sure what else to do.

Quoting dlnimo:

Could be he needs to move up a size in diapers. My twins are 15 months and we just moved them up because of this very reason! They are girls and we use Pampers.
  • lucky2Beeme
    January 3, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Quoting southernbelle07:

But, does two hours with one sippy cup seem like enough to soak a diaper and wet his pants?
    I don't know. My older son never did this. We used to drive two hours just to go to my moms house and never had a problem.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

It could be the brand or size diapers ? Maybe he doesnt empty his bladder as often as your other child. Some children hold it iwthout ever realizing it.

• southernbelle07
    January 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    I don't know. But, I will be bringing it up with the doctor.

I just wonder if anyone had any similar experience with their child.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting southernbelle07:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

It could be the brand or size diapers ? Maybe he doesnt empty his bladder as often as your other child. Some children hold it iwthout ever realizing it.

• dlnimo
    by dlnimo
    January 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    Maybe try a different brand? My girls drink a lot of water all day long and the do go through diapers pretty quickly. The only diapers I haven't had a leakage issue with are the Pampers brand. Hopefully the well visit will provide you with some answers!

Quoting southernbelle07:

Well, I already have him in a size 6, so I'm not sure what else to do.

Quoting dlnimo: