babyspots17
4.5 year age gap sharing a room?
January 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM
I am trying to figure out which of my kids should share a room would like some opinions please. My oldest is a 6.5 yr old boy middle is 3.5 yr old girl and youngest is soon to be 2 yr Old boy. Would you put the boys together because they''re boys even though they are 4.5 yrs apart in age or the two youngest boy/ girl because their closer in age? The 6 yr old right now has his own room and my dd kind of has a room although she and my 2 yr old mostly sleep in my room. I would really like to soon get them in there own rooms but can't really decide what makes to most sense! If you think boy/ girl together at what age do you think they need rooms of their own?

Replies

• bebe_ju-rah
    January 2, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    I'd probably put the 2 boys together or the 2 youngest together.
  • Hannahluvsdogs
    January 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I think that would work. My girls are 4 years apart and they shared a bedroom until this summer when we finally moved to a house with enough bedrooms for everyone to have their own.

• mommy5912
    January 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    two boys
  • KMAsMommy9182
    January 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Put the boys together.  They are too young for the age gap to matter and once they are, the oldest one should be headed off to college anyway.

• Momyplease
    I would put the kids sharing room age appropriately.
  • maciymommieof3

I would put the boys together.

• Pooobaihr

I'd put the two youngest together.

• TS9509
    by TS9509
    I would put the boys together.
  • Alyssasmommy412
    January 2, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I know in some states (not that anyone would know) by a certain age different gender children can't share a room. I don't know what to tell you because I wouldn't want my boy/girl sharing a room, but it would be hard for the 6.5 year old who has had his own room to share with his brother who is so much younger. 

• bunnywzrd
    January 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM

my daughters are 4.5 years apart and they share a room just fine. They even have their own rooms but choose to share the one. The other bedroom is used as a toy room for now. I would think that when they get older they may want their own rooms but you never know they may want to keep on sharing. Me and my brother were 6 years apart and shared a room until I turned 14. Two boys can share a room till they move out. It would be a little more uncomfortable for a boy and a girl to share a room through their teen years.