The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Avasmom25
First vacation(honeymoon) without the kids?
January 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM
When was the first vacation you took away from the kids?? I ask because this June I will be getting married and we really wanted to go on a honeymoon. We decide to go on a cruise and of course all the worth while ones are 7 days. I'm having A LOT of anxiety over this between leaving and trying to make the arrangements for her. I am really trying to push for my parents and my future in-laws to stay here with her bc i know my house is all at least soooo much more baby proofed then either of theirs as well as she will sleep hopefully so much better in her crib then at one of their houses. My daughter is 14 month old right now. Is it too early to leave her for 7 days?? Please any advice??

Replies

• Crazylovingfam
    January 2, 2013 at 9:22 PM
    I haven't left my almost 3year old yet. Idk when is the right time lol
  • Avasmom25
    January 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    Being a SAHM is just making it soo much more difficult!

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

I haven't left my almost 3year old yet. Idk when is the right time lol

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    January 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM
    I went on my honeymoon when my son was 19 months. We were gone just over a week.
  • SuperPickle
    January 2, 2013 at 9:26 PM

My kids are 10 8 and 6 and Feb will be the first time we have left them longer than 1 night . DH and I are going to Vegas.

I babysat a little girl for 8 days while her parents went to Hawaii....she was about the same age as your kiddo and she was fine.

• Avasmom25
    January 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM
    How did your little one do???

Quoting ColieO:

I went on my honeymoon when my son was 19 months. We were gone just over a week.

• MrsApple
    January 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM

We left our daughter for the first time at 19 months for 3 days/2 nights.

• momof3grls4517
    January 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I know it must be hard but if you have a chance to go then I would. You have your parents and in laws to take care of your kiddo. Have fun and good luck.

• Avasmom25
    January 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    I have a feeling my daughter will be absolutely okay... I think I'm the one who's going to have a hard time leaving lol :)

Quoting SuperPickle:

My kids are 10 8 and 6 and Feb will be the first time we have left them longer than 1 night . DH and I are going to Vegas.

I babysat a little girl for 8 days while her parents went to Hawaii....she was about the same age as your kiddo and she was fine.

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    January 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM
    He stayed with family and enjoyed his own little vacation of sorts.

Quoting Avasmom25:

How did your little one do???

Quoting ColieO:

• SuperPickle
    January 2, 2013 at 9:53 PM

oh yeah the parents were a mess LOL...we skyped every day....Dad said never again though LOL

Quoting Avasmom25:

I have a feeling my daughter will be absolutely okay... I think I'm the one who's going to have a hard time leaving lol :)

Quoting SuperPickle:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN