The CafeMom Newcomers Club

tnkrbell860
No One Believes My Daughter Is Mine!!!
January 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I just had my Daughter, Rhylee Jessa, Sept 17 (she was 6 weeks early, born 3lbs 15.4oz) but people are ALWAYS asking me who's baby and then when I tell them mine I get dirty looks!!! When I was pregnant, I would get dirty looks. Or when I walk around with her and someone sees her move they come RUNNING (literally) over and say OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE CARRYING A DOLL. Then proceed to ask me questions like 'Are you old enough to have a baby?'  'You look like you are 12, 14, 15, 16...' Like people are really RUDE!! I was even with a friend in a store and a lady comes running over asking my friend all these questions about MY baby, I would answer and then finally my friend goes, 'you have to ask her she is her mom.' The lady goes 'OMG she is YOUR baby??' Like why is it such a shock?? She looks JUST like me...and has my nose (although now she is starting to look a lot like Daddy) Oh and I love the whole you have your baby dressed ALL in pink with a pretty bow and still get asked...'is it a boy or girl??' REALLY?? Rhylee will be 4 months I will post a picture..guess my age :)

****UPDATE*****

So I commented on my post the answer. I will be 30 in April. My Husband and I are actually a day apart (He will be 30 as well) I am also very short, 4ft 10.25in and just 96lbs. It doesn't make me so mad that people think I am really young...it's that they don't think my Daughter is mine. lol

This is when she was 12 days old :D 

Rhylee at almost 4 months old :D 

Replies

• frndlyfn
    January 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM

You do look young but just ignore everyone in public.  I am glad she is healthy despite being born early.

• wonderwomanT08
    January 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM
    You look 25 to me
  • MissTacoBell
    January 2, 2013 at 9:15 PM

You have a small bone structure but I wouldn't peg you for under 18. What a bunch of jealous bishes.

Adorable dd btw. :-)
  • jkleinman
    January 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM
    You look 15-17. I'm probably wrong though.
  • jessimicuh
    January 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM
    23?
  • momtoBrenna
    January 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM
    My guess is 28. She's a beauty. :) I get asked questions all the time. I am 31 and my dd will be 7 in a few weeks and ds is 4.5. People think I'm much younger and I get asked if I disappointed my mother by having 2 kids in my teens, lol. I was 24 and 26 when I had them!
  • 3lilmonsters88
    January 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM
    Mid 20's I don't see you being any younger. Your baby is adorable. Just ignore rude people. Just walk away.
  • ambermario4ever
    January 2, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    I would say you are around 25. This past year I had the guy that checks your receipt at the door ask me if I was old enough to be buying groceries. And I had some people knock on the front door and when I answered they asked if my parents where home.
  • Cochise
    by Cochise
    January 2, 2013 at 9:19 PM

23 ?

• tnkrbell860
    January 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I will be 30 in April. So will my Husband. Lol...we are actually a day apart :D

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN