The CafeMom Newcomers Club

tnkrbell860
No One Believes My Daughter Is Mine!!!
January 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I just had my Daughter, Rhylee Jessa, Sept 17 (she was 6 weeks early, born 3lbs 15.4oz) but people are ALWAYS asking me who's baby and then when I tell them mine I get dirty looks!!! When I was pregnant, I would get dirty looks. Or when I walk around with her and someone sees her move they come RUNNING (literally) over and say OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE CARRYING A DOLL. Then proceed to ask me questions like 'Are you old enough to have a baby?'  'You look like you are 12, 14, 15, 16...' Like people are really RUDE!! I was even with a friend in a store and a lady comes running over asking my friend all these questions about MY baby, I would answer and then finally my friend goes, 'you have to ask her she is her mom.' The lady goes 'OMG she is YOUR baby??' Like why is it such a shock?? She looks JUST like me...and has my nose (although now she is starting to look a lot like Daddy) Oh and I love the whole you have your baby dressed ALL in pink with a pretty bow and still get asked...'is it a boy or girl??' REALLY?? Rhylee will be 4 months I will post a picture..guess my age :)

****UPDATE*****

So I commented on my post the answer. I will be 30 in April. My Husband and I are actually a day apart (He will be 30 as well) I am also very short, 4ft 10.25in and just 96lbs. It doesn't make me so mad that people think I am really young...it's that they don't think my Daughter is mine. lol

This is when she was 12 days old :D 

Rhylee at almost 4 months old :D 

Replies

• babywannabe242
    April 7, 2013 at 11:54 PM

who cares what people think, just keep your head high

• Cubanmom84
    April 8, 2013 at 7:30 AM

I honestly did not read a word you wrote... I was distracted by how freaking cute your daughter is..lol sorry

• MsMimna
    by MsMimna
    April 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM

People can be rude and not even realize it...just let it roll off your back. When I go anywhere with my oldest son...people think we are a couple...lol.....I'm 48 and he is 31.... Yes I was very young.....and it wasn't the ideal situation.....but life happens :)

• VanessaCB
    April 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    You don't look that young in the face. You do look around your age. It's probably because of your veery small frame.
  • RADmomma
    April 8, 2013 at 4:15 PM
    What a cutie!!
  • jjchick75
    April 8, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I have that problem with my 4 year old because he looks just like his daddy and has his dark skin color(I'm white and hubby is black). I get lots of dirty looks because my kids all look so different and I look younger than I am and people look at me like I am dirty whore when I am out lol. I say whatever, let them think what they want to think lol!

• LABELmeCUTE
    April 8, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Mobile Photo

You do look really young,lol but ignore the rude people, I get told all the time that I look 18 or 16... But I'm really 29(:
  • MaddieLainesMom
    April 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM
    I have been there before! I had my DD when I was 19 (I looked really young, I had big baby cheeks). She's 6 now and not as many people ask questions. I think people are just curious about babies in general. I still get an occasional comment about "She's so cute!" "Isn't she just precious?!" But definitely not like I did when she was a baby. Just ignore it! and you can always have a little fun with it too! Your DD is adorable!
  • Schauseil
    April 9, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    you don't look that young. You can see your age in the face.
  • alexis_06
    April 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM

omg, your daughter is absolutely beautiful!!!  love the pics with the dog :) so cute!  

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN