The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
momofthree3708
Sick 3 year old. What do you think?
January 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Sunday, (Dec. 30) my 3 year old son woke up from his nap burning up.He also developed a croup like cough, which has since changed to a regular cough. His temp was 103.6. I gave him tylenol right away. I continued to monitor his temp just about every hour. It would go down no lower then 100.8 with the tylenol, and after 3-4 hours would be right back up over 103. He didn't want to eat much, he was drinking plenty... also complaining of headaches. Yesterday, which was day 3, his fever was down on it's own to 100.9. So I figured he was getting better. Then this morning he gets up, it's day 4.. and he's still running a low fever of 99.8, and is now complaining of light sensitivity. He still has a cough.. what do you think it could be? My doctor has always told me not to worry unless the fever is 105 or higher.. but what do you guys think?

Replies

• _WC_Mama
    January 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM

It sounds to me like a viral cold my son had one of those that lasted for days and meds didn't help,he finally got over it though.

• spunky946
    January 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I'd call the peds office and see what they say. Ours usually likes to see them on day 3--4 of a fever.

• wildlilacs
    January 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    Put a call in to the pedi, describe whats happening and see what he says. It may be the flu. Put your mind at ease and call.
  • alleaeon
    January 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM

OP: yes everyone has a different approach to childhood illnesses. That's why you have to trust your gut! Only you can feel satisfied with what you have and haven't done.....because there is no one right answer!

• mitty18
    by mitty18
    January 2, 2013 at 10:32 PM

sounds like the crap going around right now.
    Hope he feels better.

• mybabysmama35
    January 3, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I'm dealing with that with my 4 year old. Sounds like the flu. I've just been giving her tylenol and it takes her fever down. I hope you little one gets to feeling better soon!

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN