3lilmonsters88
How long can someone go with having a...*tmi
January 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Bowel movement?

My DD is 3 and its been atleast 3days. I've tried prune juice, warm apple juice and a childrens suppository.

Replies

• frndlyfn
    January 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Hmm I think for a long time.  Has she shown signs of difficulty going or just hasnt gone?  Are you sure she hasnt snuck in the bathroom to go and didnt tell anyone.

• twinmom114
    January 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM
    I would have her checked out at the dr tomorrow if she still hasn't gone.
  • 3lilmonsters88
    January 1, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    No she uses a potty chair because she's afraid of the big toilet so I'd definitely see it if she did it. The past couple of weeks its has become less frequent. She usually goes once maybe twice a day.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Hmm I think for a long time.  Has she shown signs of difficulty going or just hasnt gone?  Are you sure she hasnt snuck in the bathroom to go and didnt tell anyone.

• 3lilmonsters88
    January 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    That's what I was thinking. She has acted like she hasn't felt well today and I'm worried also because she keeps saying her butt hurts but I've looked and can't find anything wrong. So maybe a trip to the doctor is in order.

Quoting twinmom114:

• frndlyfn
    January 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM

That sounds like constipation.   Make sure she drinks plenty of water and lots of veggies/fruits with fiber.  A whole apple is better than apple juice.

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

That's what I was thinking. She has acted like she hasn't felt well today and I'm worried also because she keeps saying her butt hurts but I've looked and can't find anything wrong. So maybe a trip to the doctor is in order.

Quoting twinmom114:

• calsmom62
    January 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM

has she been very active? sometimes a little exercise can help move things along. so can dark chocolate.

• singlemom1208
    January 1, 2013 at 9:57 PM
    When DS went through this I took him to the doc. Had to give him and emena because the suppositories didn't work. Now that he's cleaned out he gets mirilax about every other day. Watch out for stool holding.
  • 3lilmonsters88
    January 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    Thanks for the advice =)

Quoting frndlyfn:

That sounds like constipation.   Make sure she drinks plenty of water and lots of veggies/fruits with fiber.  A whole apple is better than apple juice.

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

Quoting twinmom114:

• 3lilmonsters88
    January 1, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    Oh yea she goes nonstop trying to keep up with her older brother.

Quoting calsmom62:

has she been very active? sometimes a little exercise can help move things along. so can dark chocolate.

• frndlyfn
    January 1, 2013 at 10:00 PM

YW .  DD is a once a day pooper LOL.  She loves her apples.  Cut up melon, oranges would also help and still appealing to children.

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

Thanks for the advice =)

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting 3lilmonsters88:

Quoting twinmom114: